• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10FP-SR 600m MOA??

Griffin4590

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2011
Anchorage Alaska
Just picked up a brand new savage 10fp-sr for 400 bucks. Ordered a bell & carlson stock to replace the garbage savage calls a stock. Other then that no mods. Is there any reason to think this 20" barrel gun will shoot MOA or better out to 600m or should I go ahead and rebarrel it now? I found a lot of feed back on how these guns shoot at 100yards but nothing beyond that.
Thanks

Re: Savage 10FP-SR 600m MOA??

I'm about to get into the same boat as you. What barrels are you looking at and what caliber. I'm looking at the Mcgowen, but haven't fully decided. I'll probably do a varmint contour 1 in 10, 308.

I have a couple of friends with the 10 fp and stock barrels. They shoot ok. I haven't been too impressed with their accuracy but my friends aren't shooting reloads. just factory. If they were to reload it would probably decrease significantly.

If it don't, I'll buy it from you for the $400 you have invested because that's a screaming deal on a brand-new FP-SR.

Just shoot the thang... I have yet to rebarrel any of my Savage's, and they are still going strong!! At the most, a recrown on it and you will be good to go. You will be pleasantly surprised!!

DK

Congrats on an awesome snag, by the way...
wink.gif

DK

thanks guys, ill give it a go and let you know what happens.
I actually picked it up at the local Sportsmans warehouse. The marked it down to 439.00 because they aren't going to carry that model any more and it was the last one. Then they do a 5% military discount. I couldn't pass it up for that price.