• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10FP upgrade help

grayghost

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
central, florida
I have a 10FP savage with internal magazine, would like to upgrade to a stock with an external magazine. The rifle is a centered feed, and I'm looking for the best options. Still am using original stock and want to upgrade to a tactical or varment style.

Re: Savage 10FP upgrade help

quickest/easiest upgrade, on the mag system, is CDI, there's a group buy right now... as for the stock... your budget and time frame mean a LOT.

Kevin Rayhill at stockade gun stocks specializes in savage rifles, and he also makes a custom bottom metal to take AICS magazines, give him a call.

You definitely have a lot of options here. You could opt for a Chassis stock I.E. PDC, McCree, XLR and get the repeater. Or you could get the CDI, Rayhill, or the Savage factory DBM (for the BAT rifles, not the standard). The stock options are also great, choate, Mcmillan, B&C, Manners, etc. It would be significantly easier to make suggestions with a budget mentioned. The Chassis are going to be pricey, but its a one and done deal, the others stocks, may need inletting, purchasing of bottom metal, bedding etc. I have a PDC stock and love it. I just bought a XLR repeater off a forum member and am sure I will also love that.

More info; Time is no problem, budget well say under a grand. I plan on using current action and barrel as they shoot better than I can at present

Id get the cdi in the group buy and a manners.

I very happy with my cdi and a MCS-T on my savage