• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 11 vs 10

George Az

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2013
Northern Az
I am confused and have done search not seeing any direct comparo's. I got a chance on a Savage 11. I can't tell the difference between all the models xp, trophy 10/110 and 11/111. The one I am looking at is an "11" has the accu-trigger, bottom bolt release and a magazine similar to an Axis and a black plastic stock - if that is what you want to call it. Are there hunting aftermarket stocks available? Can I change the bottom metal. can I use a different manu's magazine? I went to Pacific Tool and there is one listed, sort of. So, I figure I would ask here.

The best thing about it is the whole deal only weighs about 7.5 pounds - not bad for a walking rifle. Happens to be in .260.

Thank you

10vs11

I have the model 11 hunter xp in .308, this gun does not have the accutrigger. It sounds like to me that you have a model 11 Trophy Hunter. The 11 is short action, 111 is long action. I believe there are plenty of stock options for this rifle, just confirm that you have a top bolt release and detachable box magazine before ordering. Also, from what I can see on the savage website there really isn't a difference other than a wood stock on the 10/110 trophy hunter xp vs the 11/111 trophy hunter xp. They use the same action, but the 10/110 doesn't offer .260 as an option, and the 11/111 does.

Last edited:
I wanted a wood stock. I would bed it myself. I could also shorten it for the wife. I tried to get the local g/s to swap out and pay a difference, but I guess it is too much of an issue. So I started looking around at what else is out there, light weight is really a plus on this one. 260 is also what I want as I have all kinds of weights from my 6.5 x 06.

Thank you for the info.