• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 300 Win Mag HS Precision Stock

Dylan Williams

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Florida
I am looking to get into long range shooting so I picked this rifle up a couple days ago. Any recommended upgrades like stock, trigger, or whatever? Plan on running a NightForce nx8 but other than that not sure what accessories I need or should upgrade. I am new to the sport so no clue what is worth spending money on and what’s not. I will be shooting roughly up to 1000 yards possibly a little further in the future.

I am looking to get into long range shooting so I picked this rifle up a couple days ago. Any recommended upgrades like stock, trigger, or whatever? Plan on running a NightForce nx8 but other than that not sure what accessories I need or should upgrade. I am new to the sport so no clue what is worth spending money on and what’s not. I will be shooting roughly up to 1000 yards possibly a little further in the future.
Scope it. And start shooting

Reactions: NewsShooter
So that rifle is like $1100 or so...., bought one two years ago so don't spend any more money on it... yet.
Suggestion #1 - Watch this video, cause it is the main reason why I don't use it.
Suggestion #2 - Spend the money on accessories as you go, you can still use them as you upgrade or change the rifle.

Scope, Scope mount or rings, Bipod, Tripod, PIG or HOG, Cleaning Kit, Guide Rod, Spotting Scope, Borescope, Rangefinder,