• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Savage 110 BAS (new toy)

cdennyb

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Kommunist Kalifornia
As soon as the weather breaks a little and we get a decent semi-ewarm day at the range here in Oroville, I'll have a full report on this rifle and how it performs fresh out of the box.

Saw a few reports on others that weren't exactly custom but fresh from the mfg and they sounded good, we'll see how they really go for me.

300 win mag, will burn upa few "reduced recoil" loads to get on the paper and then go big afterwards. Unfortunately here in O town we can only shoot a max distance of around 600 yards or so. I guessing zero at around 500 for now.
Any thoughts or comments dialing in a fresh rifle like this?

Re: Savage 110 BAS (new toy)

being able to stop smiling for the rest of the day is hard.

you'll find with that brake and the weight of the rifle, the recoil is isn't as much as what you think it will be.

I dont think you are going to like it. When it lets you down, I will buy it. LOL

No I am kidding. You will love it. Congrats on your new toy. Cant wait for the range report.

Nice stick, that muzzle brake will make that rifle a pleasure to shoot.
I don't quite undersand why you want a 500 yard zero, most people use a 100 and some 200 yard zero. You want to get those turrets spinning don't you?
Happy shooting, SScott

Scott-
You saying I should zero at 100 or 200 and then click up for the longer ranges? I wonder if there's enough left in the scope to dial up a 1000 yd shot?
It does have the 20 MOA ramp on it already.

Depending on the velocity and projos, you only need about high 20's to low 30's to get to 1K. That should be able to get to 1K. I zero mine at 100 yards, and still have enough clicks to get to 1500+ yards.

I like the idea of zeroing at 500. I doubt you shoot it any shorter than that, so zeroing it further out saves you from having to dial and/or hold as much elevation.

Do they use a proprietary magazine on these, or is it a 300WM AICS mag?

Good looking gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I zero most of my rifles at 200. </div></div>

+1

200yd zero is good because you can holdover if you do any 100yd shooting, or it's very quick to adjust for as well. That scope should get you out to 1500yd or so with the 20 MOA rail. I saw a guy out at the range a few weekends ago with this very same rifle. He wasn't a very experienced shooter but his groups were decent so it tells me that these shoot pretty damn good which is exactly what I'd expect from a Savage. I know you'll enjoy it

I doubt the mag is propriatary. They list them for use on the 110 and 111 savage and the only difference is the load they hold. Factory cost on the mag is $130. (OUCH) but gunbroker or the other gun accessory sites have some for under $40 ea.

That's nice cdenny. I take it you bought it from jcd on gunbroker? :} I've shot the 10 bas and it was just awesome. I hope to get one of the 10's in 300wm next year.

Yep, I ended up getting it from Justin. Nice guy. I didnt need all the optional stuff so I called and worked a deal on rifle only since I had the NF scope.

Haven't seen much feedback on these. I too would like to hear how this rifle performs. If it holds true to Savage reputation, you got a shooter.

Has anyone fired the 110 BA? Looking at one myself...

ever bought a gun in california? They seem to think you need be kept "away" from all dangerous devices for 10 days. Christmas eve is the 'take possession' day.
I can hardly wait.

got the rifle on Christmas Day and didn't get the rings until today. Of course with all the crap to do AFTER Christmas, I just got the scope mounted at 10 pm tonight. Will have to wait for the weather to cooperate before I go shoot.
I'm writing up a report and as soon as I figure out how to post it on here, you can see pics and printed on the matter.

I am really curious about your rifle. Please keep us posted on its performance.