• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage 110 Elite Precision questions

Boosted2.0

Private
Minuteman
So I had a Savage M10BA in .308 with a USO scope that I absolutely loved. Worked awesome right out of the box and shot really well for someone with my relatively low level of proficiency. Had a cash shortfall in the early days of running my own business and sold it to make payroll one week. The guy I sold it to refuses to sell it back (he loves it too). I can't seem to find another one so I was looking at new rifles and I can't afford an AI or similar, and since I liked the M10BA so well I figured I would give savage another go. So on to my questions:

I am looking at the 110 Elite Precision in .308 or 6.5 creedmore- it looks looks like it ought to check all the right boxes on paper anyhow. I was wondering if anyone here has the 110 Elite Precision in .308, and if so how they like it. Saw a number of reviews on the 6.5 creedmore

If anyone has had both .308 and 6.5 which did you prefer? I gather the 6.5 should be the more accurate option - but ammo cost is a good bit higher, and barrel life is supposed to be a good bit shorter than .308 I think?

Also I have heard 6.5 creedmore is a lot easier to find ammo lately - any truth in that?

And lastly was also wondering in any caliber if people end up adding a bunch of weight to the chassis. I really liked how the M10BA shot and had damn near no kick. I seem to recall it being almost 8 lbs heavier than the 110 elite precision though and I was wondering if the 110 Elite Precision being so light may not be as much fun - curious if I am worried for nothing on that front. Thanks in advance for your time.

I saw that there may be some feed issues, but the beveled ejector fix looks pretty simple so not terribly worried on that front.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Black Friday is coming. I bought 3 FV 12's from Cabelas all for less than 300.00 ea after rebates. My current FV is in 6.5 in the Ashberry Precision chassis I got from NSS for 400.00. It is wearing a 6x24 pst without a brake. With handloads it is sub half minute to 980yds(furthest I have shot it.
Yesterday I shot some factory 120 amax match from Hornady 10 shots coldbore is in the main group at 200 yds calm conditions. It shoots the FGMM 130 berger and the 140amax almost as well however my handload with the 147's does better once the wind or distance gets challenging.
I would suggest getting the cheap FV and looking for a take off chassis or black friday chassis. If it doesn't shoot or you want/need a factory barrel with threads NSS has new take-offs as well as shillen and Crieterion barrels. You would be into it for less than the elite. I had an issue feeding/extracting with a model 10 but so far not with these. There are fixes for both issues as well as bolt lift mods.
For just about the same money the Sniper's hide APO edition is the way I would go. I would send the bolt to Greg Tannel to get the pin bushed and his lightweight pin installed and be done with it.

Attachments

• 20201018_111418.jpg
    20201018_111418.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: buggz
Black Friday is coming. I bought 3 FV 12's from Cabelas all for less than 300.00 ea after rebates. My current FV is in 6.5 in the Ashberry Precision chassis I got from NSS for 400.00. It is wearing a 6x24 pst without a brake. With handloads it is sub half minute to 980yds(furthest I have shot it.
Yesterday I shot some factory 120 amax match from Hornady 10 shots coldbore is in the main group at 200 yds calm conditions. It shoots the FGMM 130 berger and the 140amax almost as well however my handload with the 147's does better once the wind or distance gets challenging.
I would suggest getting the cheap FV and looking for a take off chassis or black friday chassis. If it doesn't shoot or you want/need a factory barrel with threads NSS has new take-offs as well as shillen and Crieterion barrels. You would be into it for less than the elite. I had an issue feeding/extracting with a model 10 but so far not with these. There are fixes for both issues as well as bolt lift mods.
For just about the same money the Sniper's hide APO edition is the way I would go. I would send the bolt to Greg Tannel to get the pin bushed and his lightweight pin installed and be done with it.

thank you for your feedback. My life right now is more in the "ask me for anything but time" realm and I am not looking to tinker with chassis swaps etc. We moved out into the country so no great gunsmiths nearby right now. Something I can take out of the box, bed in the scope and go shoot is what I am looking for - hence why I am considering another Savage. There is a bass pro 30 miles away and I can pick it up there for $1200 which makes things nice and easy.

thank you for your feedback. My life right now is more in the "ask me for anything but time" realm and I am not looking to tinker with chassis swaps etc. We moved out into the country so no great gunsmiths nearby right now. Something I can take out of the box, bed in the scope and go shoot is what I am looking for - hence why I am considering another Savage. There is a bass pro 30 miles away and I can pick it up there for $1200 which makes things nice and easy.
wow, 1200. I just saw one at Scheels for 1699. I have a mental $1500 limit on my first 6.5 CM precision rifle so I walked away.

1200 is a steal. Get it and run it. You know what Savage are and can do.

The weight isn't just for recoil. Weight also creates stability when aiming. Increases natural point of aim, because it take more energy to wobble a big fat rifle than a skinny one.

I just got my 110 Elite Precision yesterday after waiting since July when I ordered it (thanks covid) and took it to the range today. Mine is chambered in 338 Lapua Magnum but I can still address most of your questions.

First of all, I love this thing. I was getting it sighted in and my first 2 shots on paper doubled (2 shots, 1 hole). Pretty satisfying for shooting my own loads in my brand new rifle. Feels great, I'm surprised how much I actually like the vertical grip, the adjustability of the stock is great, and comfortable too.

I haven't added any weight to it and after shooting 60 rounds through it today and feel it less than a long day of shooting shotguns. I'm actually surprised. In 338 it's already pretty heavy so I don't see a need unless you were using it for competition involving a timed aspect but I got it for precision at distances rather than racing.

Didn't have any feed issues other than the first round out of a full magazine was a bit stiff to get into the chamber due to the magazine itself, but that worked itself out after about 2-3 times shooting that magazine.

Bottom line, I'm glad I got it.

QUOTE="Boosted2.0, post: 8941027, member: 49392"]
So I had a Savage M10BA in .308 with a USO scope that I absolutely loved. Worked awesome right out of the box and shot really well for someone with my relatively low level of proficiency. Had a cash shortfall in the early days of running my own business and sold it to make payroll one week. The guy I sold it to refuses to sell it back (he loves it too). I can't seem to find another one so I was looking at new rifles and I can't afford an AI or similar, and since I liked the M10BA so well I figured I would give savage another go. So on to my questions:

I am looking at the 110 Elite Precision in .308 or 6.5 creedmore- it looks looks like it ought to check all the right boxes on paper anyhow. I was wondering if anyone here has the 110 Elite Precision in .308, and if so how they like it. Saw a number of reviews on the 6.5 creedmore

If anyone has had both .308 and 6.5 which did you prefer? I gather the 6.5 should be the more accurate option - but ammo cost is a good bit higher, and barrel life is supposed to be a good bit shorter than .308 I think?

Also I have heard 6.5 creedmore is a lot easier to find ammo lately - any truth in that?

And lastly was also wondering in any caliber if people end up adding a bunch of weight to the chassis. I really liked how the M10BA shot and had damn near no kick. I seem to recall it being almost 8 lbs heavier than the 110 elite precision though and I was wondering if the 110 Elite Precision being so light may not be as much fun - curious if I am worried for nothing on that front. Thanks in advance for your time.

I saw that there may be some feed issues, but the beveled ejector fix looks pretty simple so not terribly worried on that front.

Thanks in advance
[/QUOTE]