• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage 110 FCP-K Completed

7.62gunr

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2011
Oregon
Savage 110 FCP-K .300 Win Mag
Accustock
20 MOA EGW
Burris XTR low rings
Burris Euro Diamond 3-12X50
Harris
Krylon paint

I haven't shot it yet as I need to properly re torque the stock to the reciever and recoil lug wedge.

The bolt has no nut on the back. How can I put a bolt lift kit in it?

IMG_2837a.jpg

IMG_2840a.jpg

IMG_2838a.jpg

IMG_2839a.jpg

2011-05-31224948a.jpg

2011-06-14135705a.jpg

2011-06-14135620a.jpg

IMG_2857a.jpg

IMG_2858a.jpg

Re: Savage 110 FCP-K Completed

Looks nice. Where in Oregon are you? I'm getting my EGW Pic rail in the mail today and mihgt have it installed on my 110 by this weekend. I might head out to TCGC Sunday. Don't know yet though. I just picked up a 300WM bolt and will be converting to 300WM next year.

Tony.

Nice job on your FCP-K. I like the Punisher symbol, nice touch
smile.gif
I'm originally from the McMinnville, OR area. Where are you located at? I got my .308 FCP-K in the mail about two weeks ago but have not had any time to do anything with it
frown.gif

I'm here in the Eugene area but moving to Bend/Redmond. Yes it is the Accu Wedge stock.
Any of you guys in the Bend area?

i know you said it was the accu, but a few guys have reported their accustocks didnt have the wedge when they got them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know you said it was the accu, but a few guys have reported their accustocks didnt have the wedge when they got them </div></div>
It has the wedge. It has the goofy "hunter" profile on the fore end thou.

Did you mask off the recoil pad for paint or did you remove it? I wanted to use some fill on my accustock but when I went to remove the pad it seemed to be glued in place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you mask off the recoil pad for paint or did you remove it? I wanted to use some fill on my accustock but when I went to remove the pad it seemed to be glued in place. </div></div>
I taped it off.

Smooth barrel nut and no hex head screw on the back of the bolt. Savage is going in the WRONG direction me-sa thinks.

Your rig looks nice now lets see a few groups with hand loads.

Good luck,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smooth barrel nut and no hex head screw on the back of the bolt. Savage is going in the WRONG direction me-sa thinks.

Your rig looks nice now lets see a few groups with hand loads.

Good luck,
Merritt </div></div>

SSS has already released a wrench for the smooth barrel nut that's identical to the one they already have. As for the hex screw, the factory bolt knob is already pretty good so no worries there for me.

didnt the cocking indicator models still have the hex head BAS (bolt assembly screw)? if there is no hex head, how do you take it apart if you have to replace the firing pin? spring?

and the smooth nut. so its got a hole and you use a spanner wrench? mechanically i like the toothed version and all of its contact points. but as long as you can get to the torque required with the spanner i guess its just another tool to buy. me id buy a new nut since i have the old style wrench.

Very Nice! I have a very similar setup myself.

Savage 10FCP-K .308
Heavy Fluted Barrel with Brake
AccuTrigger/AccuStock
SWFA SS 3-9x42
Burris XTR Low rings
1-piece 20 MOA EGW Base

I have an HS heading my way but now that I saw yours I may have to paint mine. I was thinking Duricoat though, how is the Krylon holding up? I don't think I could bring myself to spray paint my stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jrb78usaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very Nice! I have a very similar setup myself.

I was thinking Duricoat though, how is the Krylon holding up? I don't think I could bring myself to spray paint my stock. </div></div>
So far so good....letting it cure.

Nice rifle and thats pritty good right out of the gate. Its weird that yours has the hunting style for end area. I have the 308 version and it is a blast to shoot. Its good to see one more savage shooter in the hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asian8er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the other rifle in your vid? </div></div>
It's a Savage 12 in .308

I have the 308 10 model of your setup! Great rifle. Im sure you can get it to .5moa with some factory rounds.

I was contemplating painting it was krylon as I have my other rifle, but then decided I really like the all black look. After seeing your picture though I am thinking about adding a skull or some other image, looks good. Thanks for the idea!

Someone asked if you have the wedge, and I guess you do, which is surprising because I thought their new one's dont anymore. I guess doesn't really matter to much , but its nice not to have it for one main reason. Re-assembly. Different variances in torque on the bolt changes POA, while it doesn't matter on the non-wedge model. My torque wrench was faulty and I accidently tightened it so hard I stripped the bolt. Still gotta figure out how to get it out for the next cleaning and order a new screw, but atleast it didn't mess with accuracy(from what I can tell).

Hey!!!, no-one's giving you a hard time about the 'punisher' decal and(quoting here) "Dorks fighting Obamys war.."!!!
smile.gif

Like I said on the 'files I have a similar rifle I'm putting together for elk season, had to dump the stock though....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beepy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey!!!, no-one's giving you a hard time about the 'punisher' decal and(quoting here) "Dorks fighting Obamys war.."!!!
smile.gif

Like I said on the 'files I have a similar rifle I'm putting together for elk season, had to dump the stock though.... </div></div>
Rgr that
grin.gif

Have you gotten any load development done yet? I am anxious to get mine worked up.... still waiting on that stock though....
smile.gif

I have two boxes of 208gr Amax that I am going to work with and try H1000.... now I'm getting antsy!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beepy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you gotten any load development done yet? I am anxious to get mine worked up.... still waiting on that stock though....
smile.gif

I have two boxes of 208gr Amax that I am going to work with and try H1000.... now I'm getting antsy!!! </div></div>
Not yet....It does seem to like the N160 thou.

Nice lookin rig. What kind of muzzle break do you have there?

Very nice looking buggy...

Hoping my new Mod 12 FP-Sr .223 shows up today!

This has a 24 inch tube so I'm pretty happy that I'm seeing good FPS. I chrno'd my buddys 26 inch a bolt with the same loads and it looks like I loose about 75 FPS. The Browning was typical brutal recoil as in instantaneous teeth rattling impulse where as my Savage pushes much slower and lighter much like a 12 gauge. The brake is pretty obnoxious but well worth it. I could shoot this rifle for a long session....say 60 rounds wheres a standard .300WM just ruins me in about 10 rounds.

Nice looking set up. I ended up going with Badger Ordnance base and rings and a Vortex Viper scope. I love my FCP-K!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jea1976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking set up. I ended up going with Badger Ordnance base and rings and a Vortex Viper scope. I love my FCP-K! </div></div>

Which base and rings did you get from Badger? I'm looking at that combo with a PST like yours for a 10FCP 5R build.

Very nice rifle. I am new to the long range thing and this is what I am looking for as my entry level rig.

Thanks for documenting your build. I am looking forward to building mine.

My Savage will shoot right along with those $3,000 rigs.

Beautiful looking setup
smile.gif

Can anyone tell me the difference between the "10 fcp-k" and the "110 fcp-k".

I see both model numbers mentioned, though only the 10 on the Savage site, and can't work out what the difference between them is.

Thanks
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful looking setup
smile.gif

Can anyone tell me the difference between the "10 fcp-k" and the "110 fcp-k".

I see both model numbers mentioned, though only the 10 on the Savage site, and can't work out what the difference between them is.

Thanks
smile.gif
</div></div>

10 is short action...110 is long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the_fng</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

10 is short action...110 is long. </div></div>

Too easy thanks .... that explains why I didn't spot the difference in photos
smile.gif

the hex screw is what the cocking indicator stocks out through, pull the trigger and notice that the little hole the indicator goes down through is strangely hexagonal in shape. The bolt is still easily broken down but im not so sure the lift kit bearings will work the same way. Its not worth buying the sss wrench for the smooth nuts, just use pipe wrench to remove the nut and replace it with an older style crenelated nut. It is far easier to torque the older style nut accurately.

Who said Savages are ugly? With that green paint job on the stock that looks as good as anything out there. Good job!

7.62 how did you prep the stock prior to painting?

No prep on the stock and the break works very well. A huge issue if your proned out in the dirt thou.