• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 Precision Bolt-Action Rifle - 6.5 Creedmoor

Rio2019

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2020
Taos, NM
Hey folks! While new to the Sniper's Hide, I am not new to long distance shooting. However, I just can't help myself when I think about investing in my first chassis rifle. Knowing myself like I do, I will likely totally embrace the sport and want to upgrade down the road. Right now I'm on a bit of a tight budget, yet I want to begin shooting and see where it all leads me. I have been doing some research on "budget rifles" and the Savage 100 in 6.5 Creedmoor seems to be an interesting option. I have read many comments on the site about this rifle and it is a mixed bag of comments. I hope I can encourage some comments on the Savage 110. I hope to put some decent glass on the rifle, and.....let the journey begin. Again, I want to thank all contributors in advance. I know you probably get tired of FNGs asking these "getting started" questions.

Forget the savages. Remington 700 adl varmint in 6.5 creedmoor for less than $500 at Cabelas or Bass pro and you'll have a good rifle out of the box. The market has anything you'll ever want for one.

Savage isn’t bad.
Mine shoots really well.
I’d love to replace it with something nicer but it’s been good to me.

Thanks for posting, budget is around $1,200 w/o scope. Trying to find good scope at about $1,000.

For $1200, you can do better than a Savage. I'm similar to Steel, I have a Savage and it shoots pretty well, but I'd rather have a 700 clone, Bergara, or Tikka for that price point. Better resale and more upgrade options.

I bought one 2 years ago and it has turned into a great platform. While I changed and added some features that I would have changed on any off the shelf platform, my investment was less than the $1200 and I have a accurate rifle. The scope is about three times the cost of the final workup. I do agree if you are looking for a $1200 start point, there are better options. I would budget for a better scope.

For that budget, I'd get a Bergara HMR or the BMP if you want the chassis. An HMR can be had for 950 and that leaves plenty for glass.

I'd like to replace my Savage FCP10 with another HMR, but I'm in the Savage a bit high and don't want to take a loss. I'll eventually find a good load for it and make it shoot to my standards, but if I had it to do over again, I would have picked up an HMR to start with.

I have zero knowledge on Tikka rifles, but the forum here seems to love em.

Little late to the game here, but I have enjoyed my 110 in 300 win mag. For your budget, you could do better, but for the price it's a lot of gun. Had it out to 700m and it shot very well.