• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 to Accuracy International build

LeadSlave

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2009
looking to do a build off of a savage 110 onto an Accuracy International stock. I have seen the remington 700 converts but wondering if the savage 110 series will convert over as well. Anyone help me out?

Re: Savage 110 to Accuracy International build

theres someone on here who built the chassis for his gunsmithing project it was a while back may have to search way back for it

UM...I guess i'm not following you on this? The remingtons are in an AICS chassis system designed for the model 700.

I understand wanting to build a savage into one.

Prolly cause he has a savage and wants an AICS, its doable and has been done, someone will be along with the correct link to the post, I tried searching and came up with nodda. There is also a guy on here making a chassis for the Howa and Tika, you have to run up skins and the recoil pad.

RE: chassis for Howa & Tika....you might be talking about Pete Lincoln.
He's hinted at the idea of making a Savage build, but not sure if he has followed up on that or not. Might be worth contacting him, or reseaching his posts and website.

Pete Lincoln

pete's the one, I shot him an IM a few days ago about a complete Tikka chassis, he only had the chassis minus skin etc.

That link is exactly what i want to convert my short action savage into what im looking is for how it's done and what kind of work is involved with making a solid conversion. Im wondering more or less if it's even worth it for me to attempt this project because it sounds like there is a lot of machine work involved and i dont have access to anything.