• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 ultralite

Longrange403

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2020
Canada
Hey, im looking to see if anyone on the hide has a savage ultralite in either .308 or 6.5cm. Im looking at buying a new rifle and am considering this as an option only because I have a mcmillan a3, timney trigger, ptg bolt lift kit and a few other savage parts laying around. My question is can anyone tell me what the action screw spacing is? I had a model 10 in my mcmillan before and was wondering if they have adopted the 110 designation on the model 10’s or if they’ve switched all there rifles over to long actions? Cheers

They adopted 110 as the name for everything. Short action calibers are gonna be on a short action. That model is bottom bolt release, keep that in mind.

I helped a buddy with a new 280 ai ultralight. A new stock and it will be a nice gun.

They adopted 110 as the name for everything. Short action calibers are gonna be on a short action. That model is bottom bolt release, keep that in mind.

I helped a buddy with a new 280 ai ultralight. A new stock and it will be a nice gun.

Awesome, thank you! Do you know if I could make the stock work by just swapping out the dbm for a bottom bolt release one? The dbm i have laying around current is a cdi for a side bolt release so thats out of the question

Awesome, thank you! Do you know if I could make the stock work by just swapping out the dbm for a bottom bolt release one? The dbm i have laying around current is a cdi for a side bolt release so thats out of the question

If the inlet for the CDI is savage factory, then it should just swap out.

There is a way to get a side bolt release sear and swap it out for the bottom bolt release sear, but it takes a little mod.

Lots of threads on the Savage Shooters forum that can help.

Reactions: GONE BAD
The inlet for the stock isnt factory, mcmillan only offers savage inletting for blind mags. So I in letted it with about .1” of clearance on all sides and then bedded the dbm in to the stock for a nice tight fit. Ill definitely look into that conversion for the side bolt release as that seems the most economic way to go. Thanks for all the help

No way I would pay anything near that for any Savage!
I would generally agree but up here in canada to buy a proof carbon barrel and get it chambered and installed would cost the exact same as that rifle does. So I personally view it as paying for the barrel and install and getting everything else free lol

Reactions: CybrSlydr
I'm back folks. lol

Bringing this thread back from the dead to see if anyone else has any personal experience with this rifle in 6.5PRC or 6.5CM. Went to a LGS and held it after a Bergara B14 and HOLY HELL, the weight difference is absolutely insane.

I bought one of these in 6.5 PRC for my father-in-law. He's having trouble packing around his old 300 win mag in the elk woods, so we got this for him. So far, I've been super happy with this. Not a lot of rounds through it, as he doesn't shoot a lot. But the light weight is a plus. The stock is a little flimsy, but XLR does offer their Magnesium 4.0 Chassis for the Savage as well. I don't believe the stock is bad though, and if I do replace it, it'll be because I want it to match my 7 SAUM.

Reactions: CybrSlydr