• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110BA 300WM and a S&B PMII

wielywilly-g

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2010
west central
Hi,

I just ordered a Savage 110BA in 300WM and am putting S&B PMII
5-25x56 on it (with sunshade and butler creek caps).
My question is will the Badger 306-75 rings be high enough?
I know that gun comes with a real long 20MOA rail. I figured one of you fine folks in the beyond 1000y has probably already tried this setup and might offer some advice. I would like to stay as low as possible with the rings.

Thanks
Bill

Re: Savage 110BA 300WM and a S&B PMII

I doubt any local gun shop would have 34mm rings.

I use 1" height Badger 34mm rings with my 5-25s and have plenty of room on my rifles which have heavier barrels than factory rifles.

Re: Savage 110BA 300WM and a S&B PMII

I for sure will put pics up when I get it done. I have just got the rifle in and I have a couple questions relating to it.

1) What torque should I take the included scope rail to? (The manual said tight but do not over tighten...gezz. I put them at 25 in/lb)

2) Do they make a picatinny attachment for the bottom of the stock? I have a picatinny mount Atlas bipod.

It looks like the 306-75 rings will work fine since the rail system is machine out where the front of the scope will be.

Thanks,
Bill