• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 116 weather warrior (ISO) aftermarket stock

Benchguy57

Minuteman
Feb 12, 2014
St. Louis Missouri
New to the Hide.
So if this is the wrong place to post, my apologies.

I am working on replacing the factory accu stock that was installed at the factory as this stock really feels flimsy.

I've always liked H-S precision but open to what's available.
Does anyone have a stock for sale??

Thanks for your assistance.

I forgot to mention, I'm not looking for high end stocks, this is my beater gun, just want something a little nicer than the accustock.

Price under 400 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

savageshooters.com - look at the Aftermarket stocks section on the Forum for a lot of discussion. If you join, I think $20/year, you can get into the Member classifieds and pick one up used. Besides that I like the Choate tactical at $200, which is an aluminum frame and v-block modeled after the McMillan. Great shooter but a little heavy. Besides that Boyds has a number of lighter laminates at $100, but it will need pillars and bedding for best results.

I was really happy with the B&C Medalist I had on one of my old Savages. It's not anything exotic or amazing, but it was very comfortable to shoot and responded well to recoil. I picked one up at redhawkrifles.com for $250 or so. They have other brands, too.

Mate, just been through this myself. When you are ordering make sure it's a fit... I mean is it top release or is the bolt release on the trigger guard?

Look for something with the v block and keep in mind how big the Choate grip is.. I have just sold mine because it was impossible to get a good grip on.

What did you end up getting for your 116?

I ended just keeping the factory stock.
It's shooting sub moa with hand loads.
Can't really complain about that.
The one mod I made was to remove that awful but pad and replaced it with a slip on style but pad that works a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk