• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 12 !

Savage Mark

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2018
Hi Guys !

First post here . Mainly because I feel my Accuracy has finally got to a place I’m happy with . Rifle started life as a Savage 12 VLP . Added HS stock , 28” Criterion and 10-50 Sightron . Was having accuracy issues with bipods off bench so bought a bald eagle front rest and now everything came together . Shooting 168 FGMM .

Today at 300 yards I put 5 shots into a 1.25 inch group . Man am I happy .

0393E107-B073-4BE5-A909-512BB52D8845.jpeg
26B7421D-BFB7-4CDA-A106-17635742D408.jpeg

Reactions: 10ring1
Good shootin. Yeah, bipods are hard to get real consistancy when going for small groups. Theyre ok for MOA on steel. Theyre just so convenient though. Hate lugging around my 25lb bullbag when i want to shoot small groups.

Great shoot OP. I have a Savage 12 lrp that I put up a thread about a month ago. It is stock OEM and shoots a 0.5-0.6 moa 6x5. Haven't thought about it rebarreling yet but someday I'm sure I will. Some talk smack on Savage but man I love mine.

I, too, am throwing in the towel with bipods. The rest/bag is just simpler, more productive, and since I no longer shoot F T/R, my bipods have more limited applications. I keep them, in the range bag, and they don't come out to play very much anymore. They are still worth their weight, when carrying things around.

It's not the bipods, it's me.

Greg

I, too, am throwing in the towel with bipods. The rest/bag is just simpler, more productive, and since I no longer shoot F T/R, my bipods have more limited applications. I keep them, in the range bag, and they don't come out to play very much anymore. They are still worth their weight, when carrying things around.

It's not the bipods, it's me.

Greg
I have a GG&G that I would love to use . But I just can’t get any consistency off the bench . Ive even made semi round aluminum feet for it to slide on a carpet . Better , but still not as accurate as the rest . Even made a 5lb
F class bipod that works pretty good . Still doesn’t track as good as a rest .

well let me say off the bat i got my first savage 110 in 1976, never looked back. the trigger sucked so i learned to stone them to my liking.
one thing i learned in this life is that attitude is a major factor in whether something works right for people. so if you don't like savage's don't buy them.
so i own 9 savages, 4 are 10/110's the rest are a mix but all are shooters. 2 of the 10's i re-barreled and re-stocked which is fun in itself, which if you noticed everyone is getting barrel nuts now LOL!!!! but having 2 actions-long and short, you can buy some barrels and bolt heads and have any caliber you like. oh i never had any problems like others have stated but i'm sure that they do happen as they do on other manufacturers do too.

Reactions: 10ring1
well let me say off the bat i got my first savage 110 in 1976, never looked back. the trigger sucked so i learned to stone them to my liking.
one thing i learned in this life is that attitude is a major factor in whether something works right for people. so if you don't like savage's don't buy them.
so i own 9 savages, 4 are 10/110's the rest are a mix but all are shooters. 2 of the 10's i re-barreled and re-stocked which is fun in itself, which if you noticed everyone is getting barrel nuts now LOL!!!! but having 2 actions-long and short, you can buy some barrels and bolt heads and have any caliber you like. oh i never had any problems like others have stated but i'm sure that they do happen as they do on other manufacturers do too.

When I walk into a gun shop I look for the Savage stickers . In my humble opinion , ITS A NO BRAINER !

well said savage mark, my favorite rifle right now is my savage 1920 bolt action, which is the first U.S. made short action bolt gun of which mine is in 250 savage. it has a 22" barrel holds five rounds, is light, very accurate and a good looking rifle, based on the 98 Mauser and the "03 Springfield" best of both worlds!! oh it was made around 1925-26 and its deadly on whitetails with 90gr BTHP sierra's, but i'm going to try some of hornadys 90gr GMX no-lead bullets. oh yeah the load is with 36.5grs of varget...... yields 3050 fps avg!!! 75 gr VMAX bullets with 42 grs of varget-----3450 fps avg!! all this from an old gun.
love my savages

Attachments

• SAVAGE 1920-1.jpg
    SAVAGE 1920-1.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 22