• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Savage 17hmr

Win.308

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2007
Sarepta ,Louisiana
Alright no this is not a tacticool rifle or does it need a 400+ dollar scope. Now that thats out of the way the rifle is a Savage 93r17 bull barrel wood stock simple varmint rifle. It has a walmart Centerpoint cheap scope on it its done fine so far just looking to upgrade to something nicer. Looking for something in the 4-14 or so range and the one thing it has to be able to do is hold zero and track very well to some of you nothing short of the mark4s or better will do that but this is not a rifle that I will be in battlefield conditions with just squirrels and rabbits. The centerpoint holds zero but i dont adjust it for lack of confidence in it. Open to suggestions and if you have something that might fit the bill let me know.
Thanks Brandon

Re: Savage 17hmr

Mueller TAC-II 3X10 Mildot for $280 - Jap glass & made in Japan. I have this on my Remington 597 .17 HMR and it works great.

I think those Cabelas tacticool scopes with the bdc and side focus look pretty fun. Not too much $$$ either.

I got a BSA sweet 17 on my hmr. Just when I wonder about it holding zero, it seems to do pretty good. I'm afraid to bump it around much though.

17 hmr. Dang fun.

Yeah their great to shoot lots of splatter effect. The Mueller and Nikon sound the best I want one that will hold zero really well something I dont have to worry about. Thanks for the input so far keep em coming not decided yet.

i have one of the BSA sweet 17 on my savage, and it has been fine for the last several years. it right on with the hornady 17 gr ammo, but not so great with other brands. head shots on rabbits at 300 yards all day long! ( as long as the wind is not blowing )