• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

savage 22 Tactical

JMC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2007
Wisconsin
I was looking on the gunblast web site and they have pictures from the NASGW 2009. There are some new firearms that are being introduced and among them are a Savage 22 (or 17HMR) Tactical. I was wondering if anyone has anymore information on this rifle or more importantly the stock and layout? They only show a picture form the recevier side so it's not a real obvious in the picture.

Also it says that savage is introducing a 110 BA in 300 Win Mag + in 338 Lapua

Thanks
JMC

Re: savage 22 Tactical

Saw the same thing. Other than the requisite "tactical" picatinny rails, it looked like a regular MKII action in a composite stock.

I've heard that Savage is introducing many new items including a new reciever(don't know if avail in rimfire)aimed at precision shooting. Also a new stock called accurastock that will have an alum bedding system to go along with their trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw the same thing. Other than the requisite "tactical" picatinny rails, it looked like a regular MKII action in a composite stock. </div></div>

I noticed all the extra rails and I'm not totally sure what they would all be good for I was pretty intersted in the possible role of the rifle as a "trainer". It looks like from the picture, which is small, it looks as if the stock has a near vertical stock that could make it similar to a MCM or Manners? And I'm wondering about the cost/quality of it.
Thanks, JMC

I hope the bedding for the Tactical MKII is sorted out. IMO That's the weakness with the current MKII's. Nevertheless, I like them very much.

The stock looked like it was better than the plastic ones now, im not sure if I like all the rails tacked on.

Did you see the 338 lapua they are going to offer? that would be sweet