• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage .22 trainer

exedotbat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2009
Montville, NJ
I pulled the trigger on a Savage Mark 2 FV today. My ffl should get it on thursday, I will post pics then. The Rifle has scope bases installed already does anybody know what style they are? I assume they are weaver style.

Also this is going to be budget build, since my .308 is currently at my gun smith emptying my wallet. So for the scope I was thinking of a sightron SI 3-9x40 Mildot scope any thoughts?

Re: Savage .22 trainer

I just picked up a Centerpoint 4-16x40 from Walmart for $70. It has an illuminated mil-dot reticle. The quality of the glass and the scope in general surprised me for how much it cost.

I ordered 1" Leupold weaver rings, and a 3-9x40 Sightron SI Mildot scope yesterday.

Finally picked up my .22 today and mounted up the scope.

22lr.jpg

22lr2.jpg

I just pulled the trigger on a MK II TR. Pickin it up next weekend but won't hit the range for another two weeks after I pick it up.