• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 3 year update

shoots100

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
NYS Flatlands
Bought a Savage Impulse Predator .243 in April of 2021.
It's seen a lot of field use and has had some changes since then.
Went with a Boyds Adj thumbhole stock, X caliber .243 Carbon Fiber barrel with titanium brake/QD titanium Linear Comp and an Area419 bolt knob.
Added a Backup Predator rifle in Jan 2023 and promptly rechambered it in 20-250 with a heavy ass short barrel.
It'll be getting a #2 sporter or carbon fiber barrel soon, as I'd like to make it lighter and use it as my primary rifle this fall.
Both rifles came from the factory with 2 lb triggers and have maintained that pull weight.
I'm happy to report that they've been boringly dependable and extremely accurate when I do my part.
End of update.
SJC
Impulse Rigs 2.jpg

Good to hear. I think I've put something heading towards a couple of hundred rounds through my 308, has been shooting well, just using factory ADI at the moment. Sound forwarder is good, less recoil and noise, not too long with the 20 inch barrel. They aren't super light but I wanted something that could shoot a 10 or 15 round string so perfect as a dual purpose for me.