• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Savage .308 Shorty

fryj00

Steel punisher
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
18in Savage 10 FP action in a McCree Precision stock. JP brake soon to be replaced by the can in the pic. Can is a super short Brevis 7.62 by DeltaPDesigns. The group pictured is a 4-shot group of Berger 155 Hybrids (only had four at the time). Glass was recently changed from Weaver tactical to Nightforce F1. Atlas bipod. She's short but she's money!

-Bryan

Re: Savage .308 Shorty

interesting choice on the suppressor. Heard one for first time last month. will have to give review on it after you get it.

I am def interested in a shorter package. very cool. a 26" barrel + 10" suppressor gets old. going shorty for sure next round.

Regards,
DT

My buddy has a Brevis from DeltaP and he really likes it, I use an full size AWC thundertrap and sound suppression is pretty equal. I am planning on getting a DeltaP for my next can purchase, hopefully the wait on the forms shorten...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">interesting choice on the suppressor. Heard one for first time last month. will have to give review on it after you get it.

I am def interested in a shorter package. very cool. a 26" barrel + 10" suppressor gets old. going shorty for sure next round.

Regards,
DT</div></div>

Yeah the thought of mounting a 9in can after I cut the barrel down to 18 just didn't settle well with me.

The Delta P cans are nice! I've got to play with a couple. The rifle looks great, I like it!

whats the overall and weight, im getting ready for my .308 shorty build too.

I never really weighed it before but, since you asked, I jumped on the bathroom scale with it. With a fully loaded mag and another 10rds in the stock pack, she's weighing in at about 17 lbs.

That's heavier than I expected but the center of gravity is so far to the rear due to the short length that it still handles quite well.

-Bryan

Sweet little set up you got there. I've been looking at the Mcree stocks lately, how do you like yours?

I love it. It's fully adjustable, uses box mags, and the action bolts in with two screws. So far, I have no problems (1 year). Since there are limited options for Savage, this one seems an obvious choice.

-Bryan

I have a 16" 308 that I just put together, with the suppressor, the barrel is 24", very nice.

18" i'm sure gets you more usable velocity, I gotta push them to get where I would like to be.

Branden

My 18" Savage shoots great, got me to 1000 no problem with 175 berger VLDs. There's a guy at the local range that always tells me to sell that piece of crap when I shoot a group like that at 100yrd. =)