• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 338 composite stock inletting

Stig

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2023
USA
Planning a build and starting to gather info on my options. Was heavily leaning towards a McMillan stock but they don’t offer inletting for anything but the target rifles. I know years ago that CDI would offer to inlet whatever stock you had for their bottom metal but since they shut down I haven’t been able to find any gunsmiths that advertise for savage inletting. I know there are several different bottom metals out there but I haven’t seen any inletting services for composite stocks specifically for savage. First day in the hide so go easy on me

Did you call McMillan and ask. They used to
Inlet for Savage. I have an A3/5 on a SA Savage

KRG Bravo has Savage
MDT has Savage

If you look around you can find an HS Precision as well

Reactions: Stig
Did you call McMillan and ask. They used to
Inlet for Savage. I have an A3/5 on a SA Savage

KRG Bravo has Savage
MDT has Savage

If you look around you can find an HS Precision as well
Yea I did and unfortunately I was told by Josh Deards that they are only doing inletting for the 3 screw target actions. He did however say that I could order a “blank” called the ram tang version of a stock but it would have to have inletting for both the barreled action and the bottom metal

Well since the company was sold to new owners they have stopped doing many things folks liked

Reactions: Stig