• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 92r17FV- I'm impressed!

gregt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
Australia
G'day guys, this is only my second or 3rd post here but I had to post, I'm really impressed with this little rifle!

I bought a Savage 93 in 17hmr last week and took it to the range for the first time today. I bought a Boyds Tacticool stock a while back so I fitted that to it and made up a trigger guard/magazine plate for it yesterday as the ones I ordered didn't arrive in time. I think it looks a bit "tacticooler" with this one anyway. I've fitted a 3-9x40 VX1 scope to it which I thought would be plenty but it takes a bit of squinting to spot those little holes in a target at 100m!

It's a very accurate little rifle, it definitely shoots better than I can. I'm going to bed the action in the next week or so just to see what difference that makes.

Here's a few photos:

scope%20007.jpg

scope%20005.jpg

scope%20011.jpg

50m target this morning, 17gr Hornady V-Max:

scope%20013.jpg

scope%20014.jpg

100m target this morning (lower row were "fast plinking")

This is my new favourite little gun!

Cheers,
Greg

Re: Savage 92r17FV- I'm impressed!

Will do, I'm looking at the best way to do it having never bedded a rifle before. I have everything I need here I think.

Any photos of bedding one of these rifles in a tacticool stock would be most welcome!

There is a section on Rimfire Central for Savage stock glass /pillar bedding. Not sure about the tacticool stocks though??

I'll go and take a look now, thanks for the info!

I'll try to snap some photos while I do it so you can tell me where I've gone right or wrong.

Cheers,
Greg