• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 93 17Hmr

ekimnelo

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2009
Western Oregon
Bought my 1st Savage mobel 93 Plastic blued bull barrel 17HMR in early Feb. NIB - $178 + $10 background check. Ammo - CCI, 2 types of Hornady V=Max and 20 grainer and Federal Premium, All were on sale for $9.99/ box. All ammo shoots sub MOA at 100 yards - after getting used to the rifle that is. No FTF and no magazine problems. But I do have one problem.
I need to get more magazines and dont want to shell out +$19 for new mags.
Anybody here got a few that they arent using? I'd love to have about 5 more.

I did posst a WTB on this and other forums but no such luck yet.

Thanks and Regards

Re: Savage 93 17Hmr

$19 mags are part of the game, I spent $17 on them when I could find them at a show. Most shops don't carry spares, the only 1 I found in a shop was 24.99

Great little shooter ain't it?

I bought mine and before I even fired a round I stripped it down and bedded both bottom metals and the action. Free floated the barrel. Bought a 20MOA EGW base for it.

I couldn't see spending $20+ for mags either so I sniped some off of the ARFCOM one day. Paid $12 a piece for 3. Midway had a good price on them but they recently went up.

You might keep an eye out on the SavageShooter's forum.
Also WalMart use to carry them depending on your location and they were always $14 a piece.

Brandon

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the help. Yeah - its a great shooter and a heck of alot of fun.

Regards

I bought one at about the same time as you and shoot Hornady 20gr XTP. This will shoot sub minute at 100 yds. I like the rifle and now the ammo is going sky high if you can find it.

Good Luck