• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 93-couple of ??

kytrapper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2010
Got one for Christmas- 93fvxp- barrel and action look good but I have to work magazine - lean it to the right to get it all the way in, Is this common ? Got a Boyd's stock on the way- where do I get the metal trigger guard?

What else do I need to do to it?

Thanx in advance!!!

Re: Savage 93-couple of ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kytrapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What else do I need to do to it?</div></div>

That is a dangerous question right there......

Go ahead and let me have the answer... I will be sitting when I read it......

the only reason he said its a dangerous question is because this has been touched on 976 times per week in one way or the other. no worries though. just call up savage and tell them what stock you bought and the rifle and they can fix you up. you'll need the bottom metal and longer action screws.

Sorry for being a repeat....Thanks for the source on bottom metal....2guard is the stocky's metal better than factory??

Called Savage they are out until Jan 3......ugh.

The Stocky's metal looks good is it finished?

Yes it's finished. I think it is the same as factory. The set I bought from them for my fvt looks and feels just like the factory pieces I have on other savage rimfires. Stockys is good to deal with and they ship quick.

The 1/8" bottom metal that savagegunsmithing.com is offerering is a little over priced in my opinion. Everybody says it is good quality, but $35 plus $3 shipping is high for a small piece of 1/8" aluminum. If you have a dremel and a scrap piece of 1/8" alu you can fab your own. Even if you have to buy a small piece of 1/8"alu it would prob be less than $10. I have a friend who laser cuts metal and was thinking about having him cut about 100 of these out of 1/8" alu that I have laying around in the shop. I can draw the bottom metal dimensions up in autocad, and see what he will do them for. He wont be back to work until next week though. I know everyone wants to make money on their products, but it just sounds really high for what it is.

What else do you need. How about burris sig zee rings with inserts to get extra elevation. Throw a bushnell 10x or scope of your choice with a ton of internal adjustment. Buy a 50 round box of a fuckton (this should be an official SI unit) of different types of ammo to test starting with the least expensive. Then all you need is a 300 yard range and some soda cans to shoot at.

got stock in today---still lookin for the blemish- cool stock for 60.00- going to call stockys now- thanx 2quard going to try to get this build rockin soon

well stockys is out of magnum metal and 6-8 weeks on it-ugh...

Yeah I don't like that the 1/8" bottom metal is $35. Too high for what it really is. Unfortunately I still need the parts so I'll buy from them since Stocky's is out of stock. I'd rather the thicker metal anyway.