• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 93 Rifle Basix trigger sear

nickdahick

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2008
Coeur d' Aene, ID
I realize it is not a sniper rifle(got a 700R5 build going right now) but does anyone have a pre accutrigger 93. I had to have a 17hrm when they first came out. Problem was, I couldnt afford a Ruger 77/22 mag, so I went with a savage. Problem is, it came with a 11.4 lb trigger!!! Even off a good rest, 150 yrd ground hog shots were tough. I purchased a Rifle Basix sear and installed it. I can get the trigger pull down to about 3.5lbs, but the pull is sloppy. Anyone installed one before. Any help would be great

Re: Savage 93 Rifle Basix trigger sear

I have an RB in my Savage 10FP and am pleased with it.

The one I installed in my 93 is not so impressive.
Be careful not to get it set too light as bolt manipulation can work the sear off the firing pin.
I cut myself some shims to steady the trigger in the housing and it helped some. Give that a try.

When you think you are done, cock it and work the bolt handle back and forth, near fully closed. You might be surprised at how the sear will jump off the pin. This is certainly a safety issue that should be considered.

thanks,I noticed that as well. I tightend it up a hair when it would strike when I closed the bolt. I get a great trigger pull If I close the bolt, put the safety on, pull the trigger to remove slack, and then take the safety off to make the shot. Kind of weird? any ideas?

If the trigger is a loose fit in the flimsy little sheet metal housing, try shimming it with small washers or sheet metal cut to size and punched. This helped make mine more consistent.

I installed a RB sear 2 or 3 years ago in my 17 mach II and it is great. I don't remember how I did it other than what the instructions said to do. Sorry I'm not much help.