• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage AccuStock vs. Bell & Carlson, McMillan etc.

DonasaurusRex

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2021
Blue Ridge
How does the performance of the Savage AccuStock stack up to Bell & Carlson, McMillan etc? The AccuStock is aluminum bedded, so is the Bell & Carlson. Can I expect similar performances from the AccuStock? Is there a reason to "upgrade" to one of these replacement stocks or even a chassis system vs. the factory Savage AccuStock?

Accustock felt flexy to me. A glassed stock like mcmillan or a solid chassis will feel solid. These are ‘feels’ though. Will it necessarily translate to greater inherent accuracy in the system, maybe maybe not. A solid connection between the action and the stock, and stock to the shooter will have a net positive affect though.

ergo's aside there's a big difference between a McMillan and a factory accustock

but is it worth it to upgrade the savage to you?

what type of rifle?

My accustock was rigid and it worked. It was a model 10 long range and a half moa rifle w factory ammo. I just didn’t like the ergos.

It appears to me the AccuStock is simply Savages version of the same idea companies like Bell & Carlson and others have pursued. If that is the case, the AccuStock performs the same function as these more name brand stocks. The ergonomics may differ, but the function is inherently the same.

This is basically what I'm wondering. It appears to be the case.

My accustock was rigid and it worked. It was a model 10 long range and a half moa rifle w factory ammo. I just didn’t like the ergos.
Same.
It's as OK as OK can get for being plastic injection molding with an aluminum bed in it.

I replaced it with a a fiberglass McMillan and am very happy with it. Money well spent. I had another I replaced with a Boyd's hardwood varmint something or other I think they call it that I installed pillars in and glass bedded. Very happy with that too.

I especially thought the aluminum “pinch nut” was ingenious to force the recoil lug into a tight consistent position.

I especially thought the aluminum “pinch nut” was ingenious to force the recoil lug into a tight consistent position.
They 86'd that with a quickness. When the torque was changed on the wedge or it was moved the POI and accuracy changed.

I took mine out after 2 weeks.