• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Action Wrench (Rear Entry)

neeltburn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2013
South Western Indiana
Does anyone know of an action wrench that will work with the Savage mo 10/110 that is a rear entry and not a clamp on like the wheeler? my R700/Impact wrench from OTM does not fit it. I see PVA offers one but it out of stock. What else is out there?

Does anyone know of an action wrench that will work with the Savage mo 10/110 that is a rear entry and not a clamp on like the wheeler? my R700/Impact wrench from OTM does not fit it. I see PVA offers one but it out of stock. What else is out there?
Bughole's r700 fits

Last edited:
I laughed reading this thread. I finally had all the parts and put my Origin together yesterday using my Zermatt action wrench. One of my conclusions from the project - rear entry is the way to.

Since two of the rifles I own that are most likely to get rebarrel'd are Savage SA's, I got to wondering if there were rear entry action wrenches for Savage actions.

Problem solved!!

I laughed reading this thread. I finally had all the parts and put my Origin together yesterday using my Zermatt action wrench. One of my conclusions from the project - rear entry is the way to.

Since two of the rifles I own that are most likely to get rebarrel'd are Savage SA's, I got to wondering if there were rear entry action wrenches for Savage actions.

Problem solved!!
Far better than the clamp on.