• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage aftermarket stock woes

callen3615

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Peidmont, NC
Ive been trying to get a replacement stock for my stevens 200 for about 2 months now. I have ordered from 3 different shops online. Every time I ordered the item was advertised to be in stock, after I payed for it I got a notice saying they were backordered. Most of the backorder dates are anywhere from 8-12 weeks, those that are not never meet their deadlines and keep promising to have them out the next week.

Does anyone have a stock or know of somewhere I can buy a stock for my stevens so I wont have to wait 4 months to shoot my rifle again?

Thanks

Re: Savage aftermarket stock woes

Is the rifle in its original stock? Is the stock serviceable? Why are you going to have to wait 4 months to shoot it again?

Josh

It is in the original stock. Serviceable? I guess so, never considered spending money on a stock that was going to be replaced. I dont HAVE to wait 4 months to shoot it but unless I get a stock that isnt flimsy there is no point in shooting it. It will never group worth a crap in this pos stock.

try jim at northland or any of the guys on the savage shooters board that sell stocks. sharp shooter supply has a sweet tactical out now...

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

here is the index for savage shooter... several stock makers. call first, see what in stock first

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php

scroll down and you will see jims section. he doesnt have a web site and isnt quick to answer a post in his area. others will answer questions til he gets there. but if you call him, he will answer and sell you a stock that day.

look around the site. there are several stock sellers there plus good info on your rifle

You could try Kevin Rayhill @ Stockade stocks. stockate

You will most likely wait for that, there is also the B&C stocks @ sportsmans warehouse.

There are some cheap ways to improve your current stock with a JB weld bedding job, and stiffen the forend by inletting and inserting some metal rods under the barrel. Someone here did that and it didnt turn out that bad. Make sure the barrel floats, and the action/rings/base are all torqued correctly and you can see some gains there as well. I did pretty much that till I got my stock and it helped. Its not always the rifle, put time behind it regardless of stock. Once you are completely familiar with how the weapon behaves you will be able to look past the stock for the time being.

I got my Choate Tactical shipped to my door in less than a week from this site Combat Stocks . $215 shipped. Here is a few pics of mine

dsc00018ar.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are some cheap ways to improve your current stock with a JB weld bedding job, and stiffen the forend by inletting and inserting some metal rods under the barrel. Someone here did that and it didnt turn out that bad. Make sure the barrel floats, and the action/rings/base are all torqued correctly and you can see some gains there as well. I did pretty much that till I got my stock and it helped. Its not always the rifle, put time behind it regardless of stock. Once you are completely familiar with how the weapon behaves you will be able to look past the stock for the time being.</div></div>

+1

This works surprisingly well on most sporters. I took a at least a half inch off groups at all ranges with a 308 and a 7mm RM by doing this. Of course, spending the money I'd spent on a stock on ammo instead, and practicing my ass off helped, too.
laugh.gif
. I figured for both rifles I'd wait until I, personally, could shoot as well with them as humanly possible before dropping the dough on a stock. I have photos and instructions if you need any help with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been trying to get a replacement stock for my stevens 200 for about 2 months now. I have ordered from 3 different shops online. Every time I ordered the item was advertised to be in stock, after I payed for it I got a notice saying they were backordered. Most of the backorder dates are anywhere from 8-12 weeks, those that are not never meet their deadlines and keep promising to have them out the next week.

Does anyone have a stock or know of somewhere I can buy a stock for my stevens so I wont have to wait 4 months to shoot my rifle again?

What is your price limit?what style are you looking for?

Thanks</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try jim at northland or any of the guys on the savage shooters board that sell stocks. sharp shooter supply has a sweet tactical out now...

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

</div></div>

The Sharpshooter "LVT" stocks shur are purdy.

If you're going to wait a bit anyway, make sure to give the Stockades a good look.

is that the tactical one? sweet huh? not much extra for the buthook and adjustable comb. i really like it.

The "LVT" is "Laminant Varmint/Tactical". Black/Grey. Really nice looking.

My Stockade is the "Prairie Dog Special/Tactical", in tan with webbed finish. Has the adjustable cheek and accessory rail upgrade as well. Also good looking, at least to my eye.

Hey guys will this work with my stevens? I changed my order to the detachable mag model.

Which one, the Choate or the LVT? I have a Stevens in the Choate Tac. with a DBM. I just bought the bottom metal and mag, and it dropped right in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eevilweevil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I got my Choate Tactical shipped to my door in less than a week from this site Combat Stocks . $215 shipped. Here is a few pics of mine

dsc00018ar.jpg

</div></div>

Dang, not too shabby.

Thanks. I just need a bull barrel and a better scope, and I will be good to go! Right now all I can shoot is 100 yds, but hope to be able to go out to at least 500 this summer. I don't hunt, so it is just for punching holes in paper, but it does what I need it to do.