• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage AICS Trigger

LRJammer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2011
Southwest US
I am in the process of putting together my first Savage precision rifle and have one of the new AICS chassis systems inbound. I need to order a trigger but dont know what will, and what will not fit in the stock. Does anybody out there have any experience they can share with me on this?

Re: Savage AICS Trigger

Sss match trigger needs a little modification done. 1 minute with a dremel cut off wheel and a couple minutes with a handfile. That is modifying the trigger. Rifle basix sav1 is close, the rear screw(overtravel) catches on the back edge of the trigger shoe slot. The screw can be shortened i believe. On my 6 br repeater with that trigger, i just drilled a 1/4" hole behibd the slot. I overlapped the slot a little intentionally. I then used a handfile to smooth the drilled hole into the slot. Fairly easy, used a good piloted bit and hand drill.

Thanks 6brshooter. I was hoping to avoid having to give SSS any of my business. I havent heard much at all positive to say about them in terms of customer service.

Have you by chance heard of anyone that tried the Sav-2?

Brownells carry sss trigger so u don't have to get ahold of anybody at sss. I have a rb sav2 on a 4.25" action. It looks kinda bulky to fit in the aics, i imagine that it would need more inletting done for it then the other two. The sav1 actually has the trigger shoe farther forward then the sss. That is a bonus to me, allows a more natural finger position.