• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage announces new .338 Lapua Model

tiNdvenTFHwMdqKW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2010
I noticed on Facebook that Savage announced the following:

http://www.facebook.com/SavageArms

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all your good feedback on the 110 BA in 338 Lapua Mag. Many of you expressed an interest in a lighter-weight, less-expensive version. Shhhh ... just between us kids, we are working on another 338 LM on an HS Precision fiberglass stock w/ 26" heavy fluted bbl, muzzle brake and scope rail. MSRP should be in the neighborhood of $1,500. Should be available May/june.</div></div>

It will be nice to see what the street prices are.

Re: Savage announces new .338 Lapua Model

If you like Savage that is great news. It looks like they will compete with the 700P.

A guy had one of these at the range today. Man was it slick. Very loud and at $5.50 per shot for the ammo I think I'll have to wait a while.

I do think you could have more fun with this than a gallon of gas so the verdict is still out..!!

You have to handload 338LM to afford it. I saw a 110BA this afternoon and was impressed by the engineering. Unfortunately it was behind glass.

One of the reps told us they were going to do the Long Range Hunter in 338 Lapua. I wonder if this is the actual gun instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to handload 338LM to afford it. </div></div>Yep, you can get it way, way under $5.50 a round.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Savage...
I've been looking for a 12 LRP in .260 since they put it on their website four months ago, and still can't find one.

I wonder if they're even manufacturing them yet...

Jus call Effy SULLIVAN and tell her what you want, it will be there in way less than 4 months
grin.gif