• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage-Anschutz mark 10

LILBUCK

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Payson,AZ
im looking at a savage anschutz mark 10 with a 4-32 barska scope on top,i found for sale for $350 the gun looks like new besides some light wear on the bolt is this a good deal? has any one shot that model anschutz what was the accuracy like? any info would be great thank you

Re: Savage-Anschutz mark 10

It sounds like a good price for what it is.

I had one like it 15 years ago or so and it shot like all Anschutz do,Excellent.

Steve

from what little i can find supposedly it has the model 64 action do you know if they make a match trigger for it.the trigger is not the best thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LILBUCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im looking at a savage anschutz mark 10 with a 4-32 barska scope on top,i found for sale for $350 the gun looks like new besides some light wear on the bolt is this a good deal? has any one shot that model anschutz what was the accuracy like? any info would be great thank you </div></div>

LILBUCK,

I love my old single shot Mark 10, I've shot over 5,000 rounds through mine. These seem to go for about $300-$400 depending on blue and stock finish condition and regional market forces. Your price seems fair even tough the scope is a throw away. These rifles were originally equipped with a micrometer adjustable rear peep sight and a hooded globe front sight. Some minor wear on the bolt is normal and does not hurt anything. The triggers are adjustable and work fine if stoned right.

HTH!

A trigger like this?
This one goes to a couple of ounces pull weight. It is for 54 action though.
trigger001.jpg

yaog,
that's good info there's not much out there that i can find on these old guns. the guy let me take the gun and shoot it was a little windy so my 25 shot group at 75 yards was probably 1.5" so i brought it in to 25 yards and 5 shots went in to a ragged hole. im new to this precision .22 thing so does groups like that sound good enough for a .22? thanks these things are a blast

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A trigger like this?
This one goes to a couple of ounces pull weight. It is for 54 action though.
trigger001.jpg
</div></div>

yea a guy i shoot with has a model 64 and his trigger looks like that wish i could find out if it will fit if not ill have the one in the gun worked over

Anschutz triggers are always fun when you want to determine the model, they just have/had so many different ones.
But Anschutz renewed their site and there is a lot of info on old rifles and triggers available now.

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=23&sprache=1
Select the category hunting or target and go to downloads / manuals
Under the hunting rifle section you find a manual including a table with all trigger models on their current rifles, last page of the doc.
In the same section under spare parts you find exploded views and trigger info about the old savage anschuts models, the triggers don´t seem to be compatible with the modern ones.

Also have a look at the spare parts 1968 catalague at the bottom of the list

(yes I am an Anschutz fan and I love to see a picture of this old one. never saw one here)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These are pretty good triggers also, they set in the ounces and can actually be hung on 700 actions</div></div>

what are pretty good triggers? the ones on the model 64 and 54 yea they are great but the one im looking at is way different so im hoping my smith can make it better

Kids, Mark10 Anschutz's are NOT 64's.
Mark10 A through D's are the Anschut's economy version that is a smaller diameter receiver than a 64's, and the trigger is a single lever hard to adjust unit that is nothing like the 64 or 54 match triggers.

That said, I had a Mark 10D that shot really well. the trigger was not safely adjustable below 2lbs. I sold it to a friend that had a really good gunsmith and had him work a Win70 match trigger to it.

ltrfirehunter is referring to model54 match triggers that can be adapted to 700 actions with aBriley or other "hanger", not to be confused with the single lever trigger you will find on Mark10's for $350.

There is a MK10 Annie that is a benchrest action with a phenomenal trigger, but you won;t find one readily available for $350 used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">64MPR comes with a 8-ounce two stage trigger. It would probably fit. </div></div>

won't fit a Mark 10, sorry.....

This is a Mark10D trigger:
(group to right of trigger is 5rds from the Annie at 50yds with wolf mt-the groups to the left are 3 5rders at 50 from a 10/22 I don;t have anymore either)

triggerbn4ux0.jpg

Mark10D:
rtactioncw7.jpg

I have one with a 12X Leitschert scope on it,..

Squirrels hate it...

I got mine when I started on a Junior rifle team and later added scope blocks. a bit heavy to lug around all day chasin tree rats but later in season when they get cautious you just sit back and reach out...

Anschutz.jpg

John

That is a very nice rig!

They (the Mark10's) have the same tubes as other Annies and shoot great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LngRngShtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one with a 12X Leitschert scope on it,..

Squirrels hate it...

I got mine when I started on a Junior rifle team and later added scope blocks. a bit heavy to lug around all day chasin tree rats but later in season when they get cautious you just sit back and reach out...

Anschutz.jpg

John</div></div>

the gun im looking at looks just like that minus the scope

thank you guys for all the info sounds like a smith working original trigger is the only way to go.

Thanks Sobrbiker883

LILBUCK, on the trigger a smith can only do so much but that is about it..smooth it up but you will still be 3-4 Lbs. remember this was for Junior Program shooters so an "ounce" trigger wouldn't be best.. here's some pics of a 10-a
http://www.cabelas.com/gun-inventory---east-hartford---target-gun---1508372-ansch10atrgt-eh.shtml

My rifle has a handmade(gunsmith) sear,.. when the original went out sometime in 1987 or so the only save was to copy another,I even called Anschutz in Germany they suggested I get a 54 or a 64 .. my younger brother owns that M-10 now so we are set for parts if we need to copy again,just need a new smith as that one has retired . other than that... I added a trigger shoe I had in a parts bin...and a cheap nylon sling,..

I stripped and refinished the stock,.the originals were a darker brownish shellac if I remember,this is Tung oil

maybe I should add a stud for my Harris ,.. always a work in progress...

John

P.S. I want to say both rifles were somewhere around $275-$325 with the iron sights as shown in above link....back in 1980's I would buy it if I needed another tack driving bolt .22
smile.gif