• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage-Anschutz Match 64 Stock?

abraxsis

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
US
Im new to the forum. After some searching it seems this is where all the knowledgable people so I signed up and here we are ...

So my first question is this. I recently inherited a 1967 Savage-Anschutz Match 64 from my dad (although since he is still alive, I suppose it was more a gift), apart from a few tiny rust spots and a couple dings on the stock it is in perfect condition. Still had the original Redfield Olympic sights on it already dialed in, sent 5 rounds through 1" circle @ 60 yards the first time out. I was highly impressed.

Im wanting to change up the stock and get one that works better, ergonomically, for me (Im a pretty tall stocky guy). I was curious if anyone knew of companies making direct fit stocks for this firearm, or am I going to have to borrow the buddy's woodshop and get with the designing?

Thanks a ton for any info! Im new to this style of shooting, but Im a quick study and hope to be contributing some meaningful info in short order.

Re: Savage-Anschutz Match 64 Stock?

The old savage imported anshutz rifles are nice and great shooters aswell. However, not a whole lot out there for them at all. They are all standard anshutz, however they are old and it is hard to find much for them. Good luck in you quest. Maybe a model 10 target stock would fit it?

Edit: try google and or a anshutz forum. Good luck

mcmillan makes the anschutz silhouette model for the 64. I have one and it is a great stock, and fits me well (I am 6'5 with a 36-37 sleeve). I am sure they can adjst LOP if needed, and also add a 1" pad to help a little. Numrich used to have some stocks for the sav-anschutz on their site, but I havent checked in a while. They were the original hardwood ones, probably nos stuff.
here's a pic of my 64 in the mcmillan:
1ivcj.jpg

I had to wait awhile (9 months) but my Annie 64 in the McMillan prone stock is a great fit. It might be dumb luck but the first round for score, I shot 200-12X (20 shot COF)
In short...I like it alot. [img:center]
annie64.jpg
[/img]

So am I correct in my thought that the S-A Match 64 is identical to the regular Anschutz 64, at least in fit, mount points, etc?