• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

savage ar10 in 6.5 creedmore bolt problem

duckit

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2022
indiana
so i can have no bullets in mag with bolt locked back hit the button closes good.. now if i put bullets in mag with bolt locked back bullet will go in but bolt will not fully close can see about a inch of bolt that i shouldent be seeing and bolt gets locked up have to take a flat head screwdriver to push bolt back just a little and it will close . took o ring out of extracter no help . bullets have pertty good nicks on rim. any thoughts on this

If you drop a cartridge in the chamber, will the bolt close on it?

Factory an
so i can have no bullets in mag with bolt locked back hit the button closes good.. now if i put bullets in mag with bolt locked back bullet will go in but bolt will not fully close can see about a inch of bolt that i shouldent be seeing and bolt gets locked up have to take a flat head screwdriver to push bolt back just a little and it will close . took o ring out of extracter no help . bullets have pertty good nicks on rim. any thoughts on

Yes you can drop a shell down
The camber and it will close. Tried factory and reloads when they feed out of clips is when the problem starts

Oil. Clean and oil to the point of excess. A new ar10 usually needs to be broken in wet. A bunch of large bearing surfaces that create friction until they wear smooth. Also, obviously try a different magazine.

Is your rifle a Creedmoor or Creedmore? Is the ammo you are feeding it Creedmoor or Creedmore? Makes a huge difference, the two arent compatible with each other.

• Haha
Reactions: rpoL98 and msgriff
What mags? Sounds like a magazine issue. Just enough drag to slow the bolt. If you can use a screw driver to push the bolt back a bit and it then goes into battery, I’d say your mags are causing sluggish function. Does it do this with just a single cartridge in the magazine?

tried 3 different kinds of mags does it ifyou put 1 bullet in or fill the mag u doesent matter. the dings in the rim of bullets got me don,t know if it could bne anything except the ejecter. going to get a different bolt see if that fixes it ill let you all know. not got pictures figured out yet if somebody tex me a phone number i could send them

• Haha
Reactions: rpoL98
527D3DA2-748F-4EAF-8E22-B9326BF8DD56.jpeg
D3FE88E5-DDC5-4354-9C76-E0CB83CDB6B4.jpeg
45F47E72-4D18-49A3-9870-AB41C4EB1692.jpeg

ended up being bolt problem the bolt has 2 pins that push the bullet out they were different size one was longert than the other never thougt of that

Reactions: bfoosh006