• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Axis II Precision XP??????

elwarpo

Still Learning...
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
North of Houston, TX
Local Academy has a Axis II Precision XP in 6.5CM, comes with a vortex crossfire 4-12x44, MDT chassis, 20MOA rail in tan. Looks and handles well and since there is a ding on it, they want $854 for it. I looked up the sku (model 57572 SKU 011356575722) and can not find anything on it online. Looking fo a starter long range rifle for the Girlfriend. Yay or Nay ????

Reactions: cwmoss
It is probably a rifle that they spec, I would not be afraid of it and for the price it should be a good gun. If she does like shooting and you keep her you can build her something that she wants and not be out a ton of money

Reactions: cwmoss and elwarpo
Well picked it up, here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 20210302_095832.jpg
    20210302_095832.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 20210302_101005.jpg
    20210302_101005.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 421
Reactions: Uhlan
It is probably a rifle that they spec, I would not be afraid of it and for the price it should be a good gun. If she does like shooting and you keep her you can build her something that she wants and not be out a ton of money

Local Academy has a Axis II Precision XP in 6.5CM, comes with a vortex crossfire 4-12x44, MDT chassis, 20MOA rail in tan. Looks and handles well and since there is a ding on it, they want $854 for it. I looked up the sku (model 57572 SKU 011356575722) and can not find anything on it online. Looking fo a starter long range rifle for the Girlfriend. Yay or Nay ????
She definitely is a keeper and likes shooting my Tikka T3/KRG Bravo in 5.56. I shoot my RPR up to 1k and she wanted to try longer range. The issue is she is 1 foot shorter than me, so can not just use my rifles. I figure this will get her into the 500-800 yard range easily and maybe longer.

Looks good I would definitely keep an eye out on the PX, the scope will need to be updated if she plans to shoot long but should work now if it tracks. Congrats and keep it fun for her and start saving for her a custom, it could get expensive for you but will be worth it in the long run.

Looks good I would definitely keep an eye out on the PX, the scope will need to be updated if she plans to shoot long but should work now if it tracks. Congrats and keep it fun for her and start saving for her a custom, it could get expensive for you but will be worth it in the long run.
Yes, at least I reload and have supplies, so that helps.

I recently bought this same rifle at Acadamy in San Antonio. Mine does not have a QD sling hole in the butt stock like yours. I just contacted savage about it.

Attachments

• 20211104_111208.jpg
    20211104_111208.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 1,489
It is a academy exclusive rifle, the color is different from the non academy model (green), the xp means it is a scoped model, which is also an exclusive.