• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Axis magazines

Victorcocco

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2022
NJ
I have a Savage Axis bolt action .308 rifle. It came with a 5 round magazine but, I would like to have a 10 round magazine to stay legal in NJ. What style magazine does this rifle take?
Thank you for your time in advance.

The Savage Axis extra magazines are expensive. I have a .223 Axis and wanted more than 5 rds, so I took the magazine, popped off the plastic part, and welded an AR-15 magazine to the bottom of it. Cut off the top of the AR mag, did my welding magic, and popped the plastic part back on... Works like the original, but now holds 25 rds.

I had to grind the plastic follower a bit to fit just right into the top of the Savage feed lips, but it works just fine. I think you could use just about any .308 metal magazine, if you were so inclined... A 10 or 20 rd'er could be cut down to accommodate whatever number of rds you wanted.

Attachments

• IMG_20220821_212908.jpg
    IMG_20220821_212908.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 58