• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Axis Recoil Lug

erik72

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2011
Longwood, FL (Seminole)
My buddy bought one of those inexpensive package deals that came with a scope and injection-molded stock. The intent is to eventually barrel it and put it in a chassis. It's chambered in .308 Win and he's already put it in an Oryx chassis. I took it apart this weekend to clean it and just check things out. I noticed there's no recoil lug. There's a place for it as I can see the barrel threads beneath the barrel nut. Does Savage supply these sans recoil lug or is it possible he misplaced it when he put it in the chassis?

I think the recoil lug on the Axis is in the stock and the action fits down and against it when placed / secured to the stock. I would bet the original lug is probably still in the factory stock.

Reactions: erik72
I think the recoil lug on the Axis is in the stock and the action fits down and against it when placed / secured to the stock. I would bet the original lug is probably still in the factory stock.
10-4 Thanks...he works out of town so I'm waiting to hear if it is actually in the old stock. Thanks for the response.