• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Savage Axis Rifle

CaptLink

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2009
Maryland,USA
I am planning a build using the Axis rifle action.I need to have a bolt face for the WSM cartridge head.Will the standard magnum head that fits the 10-110 series of rifles fit this series as well, or can the standard 06 size head be opened up to that size.This is a push feed action.Thank you!

Re: Savage Axis Rifle

I wouldn't build on an Axis. The bolt heads don't swap from the 10/110's. There are no aftermarket stocks. You can get a better trigger, but not a really good trigger.

Why not start with a Stevens 200? They are completely interchangeable with the 10/110's.

^^^what he said.

If I were you, I'd buy a Stevens 200 or a used 110 before building an Axis/Edge.

I have an Axis in .223 and .308. got them each for $250. but I just use them when im testing questionable loads to make sure pressure doesnt get to crazy or it Kabooms. and if it did kaboom, id rather it be in a $250 rifle then 1 of my more expensive ones.

as far as building off of one, i wouldnt. they are cheap and work for just shooting, but if i was going to actually SHOOT either rifle, it would need some major work in the trigger department as well as the stock.