• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage B22 FV SS Scope alignment problems

gr8guns

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2019
I have one of these rifles, and I am finding that even by changing rings and scopes, I can’t get the adjustment up enough to keep from hitting 12 to 14 inches low at 25 yards. The .22 caliber rifle was pretty much in the bottom of the pile, until I noticed some posted in a different forum about the same thing about the exact rifle that they own . They posted later that they placed a shim under a base and fixed the problem. Is that a kosher fix ? Wouldn’t that indicate a barrel not concentric to the receiver bore ? Would that cause problems at different distances? I trust you precision guys on this. Shimming a base to a receiver to get scope alignment seems like a baling wire and scotch tape approach.

What scope are you using? Maybe your scope doesn't have enough adjustment available to be zeroed at that close a distance.

I have one of these rifles, and I am finding that even by changing rings and scopes, I can’t get the adjustment up enough to keep from hitting 12 to 14 inches low at 25 yards. The .22 caliber rifle was pretty much in the bottom of the pile, until I noticed some posted in a different forum about the same thing about the exact rifle that they own . They posted later that they placed a shim under a base and fixed the problem. Is that a kosher fix ? Wouldn’t that indicate a barrel not concentric to the receiver bore ? Would that cause problems at different distances? I trust you precision guys on this. Shimming a base to a receiver to get scope alignment seems like a baling wire and scotch tape approach.
You can shim but you have other option. The mounts below are adjustable for windage and elevation. Once set, they have set
screws to lock their positions so your not dependent on friction. They also have less expensive elevation only mounts.
The second photo is elevation only. They lock also.

Attachments

• eag-ins30mount.png
    eag-ins30mount.png
    418.3 KB · Views: 61
  • ELEVATION ADJ MOUNT 34MM.png
    ELEVATION ADJ MOUNT 34MM.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Seymour Fish
12-14” low at 25 is crazy. Something isn’t right, could the scope base be on backwards? Not sure if these come with any cant or not. If it’sa 20+moa base put on backwards that could make sense.

Reactions: sparkyv
Might need to bed the rail. Ive done it with JB Weld and have had great results

This video will help if the rail/receiver is out of spec and how to bed the rail.