• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage BA 110 338 Lapua Magnum. Favorite brass, bullet, bullet weight, and powder??

bruddah

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2010
Oregon
What say you?

What's your favorite recipe for the 338 Lapua Magnum?

Thanks!

Use only Lapua brass, the other brands may not extract well due to the rim size being a tiny bit smaller (and not perfectly round)... I've had trouble with Hornady brass, and I've seen others have issues with S&B once fired brass. The Lapua brass works great.

89.3 grains of Retumbo, and take advantage of the 9 twist and use 300 grain bullets. I use 300 grain Sierra Matchkings... CCI 250's or Federal 215's work the same.

This load shoots great, even at 1 mile... it runs 2700 fps from my rifle.

Here are a couple test targets I shot while tuning the cold clean bore shot to stay as close to the group as possible (we do this during the OCW consulting service)... the load works. :)

Dan

Use only Lapua brass, the other brands may not extract well due to the rim size being a tiny bit smaller (and not perfectly round)... I've had trouble with Hornady brass, and I've seen others have issues with S&B once fired brass. The Lapua brass works great.

89.3 grains of Retumbo, and take advantage of the 9 twist and use 300 grain bullets. I use 300 grain Sierra Matchkings... CCI 250's or Federal 215's work the same.

This load shoots great, even at 1 mile... it runs 2700 fps from my rifle.

Here are a couple test targets I shot while tuning the cold clean bore shot to stay as close to the group as possible (we do this during the OCW consulting service)... the load works. :)

Dan

Appreciate the feedback Dan!

300gr Berger hybrid TAC OTM, Lapua cases, 90.2gr RL-25 powder, FED 215 primer. Gives 2750fps and is 1/4 min gun all day long. Extremely accurate out to 2000 yrds out of my DTA SRS 26" barrell.
REMEMBER ALWAYS start low and work up.
Happy shooting