• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Savage BA 110 338 lapua & nightforce nxs 5.5x22x56

Loaded247

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys,
Could use some help, For Christmas this year I bought my son a Savage BA 110 in 338 Lapua, I also got him a NightForce NXS 5.5 x 22 x 56 scope, I'm still waiting for the scope to show up, but I'm trying to figure out which NightForce scope rings I need.
Does anyone have this combination.? Do I need the high or extra high? I'm trying to keep the scope as low as possible and still have room for scope caps, or glare protection.

Thanks

Loaded247

Re: Savage BA 110 338 lapua & nightforce nxs 5.5x22x56

Thanks....

Why yes they are in stock
wink.gif
...j/k...no problem glad to help.

I just put together the very same rig! I got rid of the original long rail and got a 1 piece 30moa from ken ferrel. MUCH NICER and it's made of steel not light aluminum. I have the 1.00 in ultralite rings NF #A101. Scope is nice and low and I still have just above a 1/4" clearance which is enough room for a scope coat even! Trust me your son would love the 1 piece ken ferrell rail with the 1" rings.

PS. Cris ^^^^ gave me the best deal out there on them.

Hello Chris,
Thanks for the info, How high will these rings sit? I am really wanting to keep the scope as close to the barrel as possible. I want to be able to add scope caps, can you please let me know what the lowest size rings I can use and shoot me a price ,

Thanks
Jeff

Ya,
He became interested in shooting at a young age, started him off with 22s, he progressed up into AR's, 308's ,300 win mags, Then 3 years ago for Christmas I bought him a Barrett M99 50 cal. He's been wanting this Savage for a while, so I literally bit the bullet. Damn ammo is not cheap!

You aren't by chance looking to adopt a real nice 58 year old, are you ;-)
But I know what you mean...my 11 year old has done really well with his Marlin .22 and under the tree will be a nice Hawke Tactical 6.5x20.