• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAVAGE BAS-K or CZ 750

Selva

Private
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2009
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hello friends,

I am looking to buy a new rifle, I would like to think of you on the CZ 750 and BAS SAVAGE-K, both in caliber 308 win.

What is the best rifle below U.S. $ 2500.00?

I thank you.

Re: SAVAGE BAS-K or CZ 750

I think the pros here are going to ask what you intend to do with it, first. $2500 buys a whole lot of rifle, and at $1500 (street) the 10 BAS/K has a lot of doodads you might not need. A used Rem M24 or used top shelf custom is within your price range, if you can find one (I couldn't
frown.gif
).

I agree with Snakum, first you need to establish what the function of the rifle will be in order to start selecting one that will fit the bill. the more specific you can be about the function the better off you are in your search. for $2500 id look into some nice custom rigs. if you absolutely must have either the savage or the CZ, id personally get the CZ.

Sit and wait for a slightly used custom to roll through the Classifieds here. There is a nice RD Precision .308 there now in your price range.

For cost savings, a used custom is the way to go, and the product will be WAY better than either offering you listed.