• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage bolt lift kit

Dirty D

Resident Sommelier of cellulite
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Your moms house
So I picked up a long action Salvage for cheeeeeeap and the bolt lift is in definite need of attention, has anyone had experience with different bolt lift kits and can make a recommendation based on the observed differences?

Also, Savageshooters.com and pose the question. Great site for any Savage related questions.

I agree with the two posts above for good advice and insight into this topic.
I have personally installed and use a bolt lift kit made by Desh Ind that cost around $19 if I remember correctly.

It certainly helped smooth the bolt lift but it’s not dramatic. I also trimmed 2 coils from the firing pin spring which I thought made a bigger difference … this can be a big no no for some but so far back to back tests for me show no difference in the SD, ES, or accuracy in my loads. However, Time will tell. I’m only out $7 if it doesn’t work out and I need a new spring.

Reactions: DGD6MM and Dirty D
Pard put a kit (can’t remember which) and a new carbon bolt knob on a SA savage and made it feel like a different action.
Ejection was better too.
Not much info there, just that if I had a Savage, I’d definitely consider putting a kit in it.

bolt Pard put a kit (can’t remember which) and a new carbon bolt knob on a SA savage and made it feel like a different action.
Ejection was better too.
Not much info there, just that if I had a Savage, I’d definitely consider putting a kit in it.
I didn`t put a kit in my 110 ( really didn`t think the bolt lift was that bad ) but I DID put a large, clam shell screw down type bolt knob over the original bolt knob. More leverage. Helped quite a bit.

Contact Ben Chapell at Desh Industries.

Website - grimstoddesh.wordpress.com

Send him the bolt assembly and have him put in a lift kit, turn down the firing pin and bush the bolt face. Solves several problems you are likely to have with a Savage and it isn't too expensive to get it all done at once.

Contact Ben Chapell at Desh Industries.

Website - grimstoddesh.wordpress.com

Send him the bolt assembly and have him put in a lift kit, turn down the firing pin and bush the bolt face. Solves several problems you are likely to have with a Savage and it isn't too expensive to get it all done at once.
Absolutely worth it.

Reactions: AllenOne1
IMO the Lumely bolt lift kit is a little better if it will work with your bolt. There are more things that can be done to your bolt that will help more also.