• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage Bolt Swap

My advice, go to Midway USA or Gunshack. PTG is terrible on lead times and I got a whole batch of bolt heads drilled on the wrong side. You will also need to get all the ejector and extractor parts for the bolt head. You can get them from Midway individually or you can get them as a kit from Gunshack.

thanks for the heads up on the kit, haven’t seen a short action magnum bolt face anywhere though. Midway says discontinued

My advice, go to Midway USA or Gunshack. PTG is terrible on lead times and I got a whole batch of bolt heads drilled on the wrong side. You will also need to get all the ejector and extractor parts for the bolt head. You can get them from Midway individually or you can get them as a kit from Gunshack.

If he were going to use OEM, he could just strip the parts from his current bolt head, I would recommend the upgrade kit.