• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

savage configuration

nobody13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Montana
Called Effe at Savage today asking if they could use their new DBM form the 10fcp-sr on the LRP. Am waiting for an answer. If so, My next call will be to Manners and see if they could inlet and bed a T4A if Savage would sent it to them. Call it crazy, but I was just curious versus a smith built similar configuration in the cost factor. Any Ideas or suggestions from fellow members??

Re: savage configuration

see if the DBM fits the 10fcp foot print. you know still they want $135 for mags dont they? so if thats the case, AI mags at $80-$90 and CDI or the two hi cap mags guys (deadeye, z71rat) are selling would be cheaper. whats the bottom metal cost? you cant use parts finder with out a serial number so i cant find the cost on that new DBM

I know there are a lot of unanswered questions. Effe also eluded to the fact of other configurations in the works but had to check on them before officially announced. I may go with the 10fcp-sr and have them screw a .260 barrel on instead and send it off to Manners. I like the .308, but everyone has one and for good reason, but I just like the .260. The LRP may be the best option until they clear a few things up too.
I will keep posting as I gather intel.

well at 1182.00 that rifle seems to be alot to start with if you want to get restocked. try a stevens or a different cheaper model 10 or buy that 10fp action thats in classifieds and add a CDI to a manners and good 260 barrel and away you go

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try a stevens or a different cheaper model 10 or buy that 10fp action thats in classifieds and add a CDI to a manners and good 260 barrel and away you go </div></div>

That's what I would do...should be cheaper and work just as well.

Is the target action worth giving up?? Good ideas of compromise though. Lots to think about. As a stock rifle, the LRP looks pretty good. Maybe down the road upgrade the already pretty good stock.

the target action has a solid bottom doesnt it? cant use the DBM on it

Check oout the specs. on the LRP. It looks like the Target action has been modified for a DBM. It has the target accutrigger and I think three screw. What do you think AXEMAN?

Why go with the 10FCP in a special .260 config. (wouldn't Savage charge extra for that)?

The 12 LRP in .260 comes in an H-S Precision stock, seems to be exactly what you're looking for. It's gotten some very positive reviews here from what I've seen.

Damn school tuition for my sons got in the way, or I'd have bought one by now
smile.gif

That is what started my search, however, I liked the idea of the bottom metal with the 10round DBM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nobody13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check oout the specs. on the LRP. It looks like the Target action has been modified for a DBM. It has the target accutrigger and I think three screw. What do you think AXEMAN? </div></div>

There is a repeating target action. Not a 3 screw, Its a 2 screw right bolt, right port, with the 4.4" action screw spacing, and target accutrigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nobody13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is what started my search, however, I liked the idea of the bottom metal with the 10round DBM. </div></div>

You can get modifications to make the factory dbm a 10 round even a 15 round, check out z71rat on here. Or go with a CDI, getting a the new Savage 10fcp-sr custom would be expensive, a better bet(if you really want that new bottom metal) would be buy the rifle, sell the stock and 308 barrel in the classifieds and buy a custom 260 barrel to put on with a manners. You would recoup some money and get a better quality barrel more to your specs.

Just to give you a taste of things to come... LOL!!

These utilize the factory bottom metal assemblies without any modifications to the factory inletting on the stock.

Deadeye has a 10 rounder as well that matches the SSS box magazine should you choose to go that route.

Either way, you have at least a few options to choose from.

DK

The RatMag "ST-10" 10 round magazine
IMAG0161.jpg

The RatMag "ST-15" 15 round magazine
8572.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VjjR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get modifications to make the factory dbm a 10 round even a 15 round, check out z71rat on here. </div></div>

Thanks for the recommendation there Brother!! It is muchly appreciated!!

DK

The true beauty of Savage is that you can get a Stevens for around $300. Just keep the action. Make sure you get a short or a long based on your needs. Then you just get a barrel, stock, DBM, and you're GTG.