• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage DAS and DAT/S .308

916dude!

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento,CA
I'm looking to get a new tac rifle and I read an article on savages new .308 "sniper" rifle. I know savage is know for making acurate rifles from the factory so what do you think about their new .308? Would it be a good buy for a beginner?

Re: Savage DAS and DAT/S .308

Erm, its BAS and BAS/T. Was having a hard time looking it up.

Looks cool. Are those AICS mags?

I'm sure it won't be a bad rifle. I had one of their plain Jane 10FP's a few years ago with the sucktastic tupperware stock and it was still a solid .75MOA shooter with factory match ammo. That being said I've moved on to a 5R, and I now handload.

It definitely looks like it comes with a lot from the factory, that is for sure. Still waiting to see one in person and play with it.

Ummm I couldn't tell you. I just read about it in a magazine and it seemed the a pretty food deal for the money. The msrp was like $1850 and $1995ish. I'd love to buy a GAP, but I'm house shopping right now and that needs to come first but I could squeeze a few grand out of my pocket for a new set up and still afford the house LOL

I have yet to handle one, but if it is a Savage it will be a good value. The only thing they give up to Remington is aftermarket support. And that gap is closing. I was all Savage until I managed to get into a GAP. Great rifles, as far as function and value.