• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage dbm

Baer_18837

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
since I cant find cdi bottom metal can anyone tell me another great dbm for a savage. I'd like the flush look like the cdi and wow it's a pain to find one.

Reactions: bunsen27
Awesome. thanks. I may try and get my hands on an old cdi but I think I'm just wishing there.

It is indeed sad to see CDI close up due to the passing away of the owner. Since CDI isn't an option anymore for Savage bottom metal, the MDT Oryx chassis for $400 seems to be the next best thing to be able to use common AICS magazines with Savage actions.

The accurate bottom metal is nice if your using a stock that uses the factory bottom metal. Mine was an exact drop in in a bell and Carlson varmint tactical stock. Feeds well from aics mags as well.

I'll be using it on a 12 lrp with the hs precision stock. Do you have a picture of it I can see?

I don't have the rifle anymore but this is probaly the 2 best pictures I have of it. If the stock is made to use a factory bottom metal it should work. Doe that rifle use a blind or the proprietary savage detachable mags? The accurate does have a small barricade stop at the front so it's not flush.

Attachments

• 40104439_2147807922107201_3155645277054959616_o.jpg
    40104439_2147807922107201_3155645277054959616_o.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_20180625_174738219.jpg
    IMG_20180625_174738219.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 411
It uses the savage mag. Thanks for the help. I dont think I'll find a used cdi haha. This looks like a good one though.

I put an accurate mag BM on my LRP, dropped right in and it worked fine with aics mags. A buddy has it now, haven't heard any complaints.

I have 2 of the PTG and after lots of dicking around finally got them to the point where they won't drop the mag under recoil. Would not recommend

I have the accurate mag and it’s a nice dbm. I would recommend using a poly mag like the Magpul as the fit of the accurate mag dbm is not real snug and tight so it can rattle some.

you know. I like the savage but it makes me wanna just go and do another remington. My manners and badger have been perfect from day one.

you know. I like the savage but it makes me wanna just go and do another remington. My manners and badger have been perfect from day one.
I'd suggest looking at Tikka if you haven't tried them. Bergara if you want a rem 700 footprint.

Have you considered a Remage build? Compatibility and footprint of Rem 700 but with the easy barrel swap capabilities of a Savage.

Northland Shooter Supply stocks Criterion prefit barrels and offers their own recoil lugs and barrel nut.

hmmm that might be a perfect idea. Just irritating I got this 12 and haven't even shot it yet because we are fighting with bottom metal. Id probably love it if I could get it to run correctly

hmmm that might be a perfect idea. Just irritating I got this 12 and haven't even shot it yet because we are fighting with bottom metal. Id probably love it if I could get it to run correctly

Are you running the Dark Eagle Custom 10-round mags or the factory ones? I started LR shooting with a Savage 12 LRP back in 2012 and ran it in numerous matches without feeding issues running Dan's magazines. It looks like he may have gotten some unexpected publicity from a recent gun rag article and is a little overwhelmed by demand. Great guy to do business with, but he is a one man shop, so it could be a little while on the restock.

Back to the idea of the Remage.... just do it!! I started with a Savage 12LRP and built/bought four other Savage rifles. All are super accurate and run great, but my last two builds have been Remage and I wont go back. To me the most significant part of going Remage is being able to use any Rem 700 trigger on the market. A Rifle Basix Savage trigger is perfectly usable, but nowhere close to a Geissele Super 700 or Trigertech trigger.

If your interested I’m looking to sell my B&C M40 stock with accurate mag bottom metal just PM me. Going to switch to a chassis system instead. I wouldn’t give up on the Savage unless your unhappy with the action, that’s the only major fault I have found with mine. I can’t run the bolt as smooth and fast as other actions.

no im using ptg bottom metal for aics mags.

Yep, that's fighting an uphill battle. If you're already invested in AICS mags then finding the OEM Savage DBM listed above in the Accurate-mag link would be your easiest turnkey solution. I don't know who this person or shop is but they always have these listed on ebay:

If your interested I’m looking to sell my B&C M40 stock with accurate mag bottom metal just PM me. Going to switch to a chassis system instead. I wouldn’t give up on the Savage unless your unhappy with the action, that’s the only major fault I have found with mine. I can’t run the bolt as smooth and fast as other actions.
No thank you. I have the hs precision stock already. I might just buy the accurate. I was just praying someone had an old cdi they would part with

Reactions: TommyD11730
I had the first ptg m5 bottom metal in a manners, Tom had to inlet it himself

Overall once I finally got past the initial bullshit of lead date fuckery from PTG (required getting owner on phone)......and wait on Manners the end result was a really nice setup in a T4.

I eventually went to an AI chassis for my savage 10 and now have an APO.

Hard to say what your best move is, that's for you to pick but I had zero issues out of my PTG in my manners running accurate mag AICS pattern mags.

I had the first ptg m5 bottom metal in a manners, Tom had to inlet it himself

Overall once I finally got past the initial bullshit of lead date fuckery from PTG (required getting owner on phone)......and wait on Manners the end result was a really nice setup in a T4.

I eventually went to an AI chassis for my savage 10 and now have an APO.

Hard to say what your best move is, that's for you to pick but I had zero issues out of my PTG in my manners running accurate mag AICS pattern mags.
I had similar wait issues with PTG savage bottom metal but once installed it works well.