• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage f class 6.5x284

Re: Savage f class 6.5x284

I have had one for about 9 months. It is an excellent gun. The only problem is that 6.5x284 is kind of hard on the barrel, but because Savage barrels are easy to change it is not a problem.

Havent used the 6.5x284 fclass savage but have shot the .308 fclass version and it is a brute, VERY heavy, barrel heavy, makes my TRG feel dinky and light. The Savage shoots very well, those extra couple of inches on the barrel means you can really push the 155gr smk's, the trigger is also very nice and fully adjustable. Definatly a bench or prone gun not a tactical rifle.

I don't know much about Savage's custom operation, I do know they at least used to have a service which allowed a customer to return the rifle for a replacing a worn out barrel, in the original caliber. Well, my 10FP was factory SAAMI chambered in .260 Rem, so they at least used to have reamers in that chambering. Whether that chambering is available from Savage today, in any guise, is an interesting question.

Greg

I have a F class in 6.5x284 and it shoots great. Had a little trouble with the trigger when I first got it. On the lowest poundage, you must be VERY gentle when you close the bolt or you trip a safety mechanism that locks up the trigger. I upped the poundage to around a pound and haven't had a problem since. Very well built, nicely finished rifle.