• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage GRS 6.5 CM

IA_shooter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
SE Iowa
I made the mistake of handling a Savage GRS in 6.5 CM not long ago. A buddy had it at our local FFL guy's place and I was asked if I knew of anyone that might be interested in it. His son had bought it but hadn't done anything with it yet and got into a little bit of a financial pickle soon after he purchased it and he was looking to sell it. I picked it up and started handling it. Big mistake. That GRS Berserk stock with the offset and canted grip just felt so comfortable and natural in the hand vs traditional stocks/chassis I've been used to for so many years. Plus the easy push button adjustment for the cheek riser and length of pull was a very nice addition as well. It had nice flush cups on the left side that comes standard with that stock/chassis as well. Needless to say, my Savage in 6.5 CM that had an HS Precision stock, went up for sale and I purchased the GRS for a pretty good deal. For those who haven't handled a GRS stock/chassis like the Berserk, if you get a chance, handle one and see if you get the same reaction I did. Here it is at the range the day I was breaking in the barrel and getting it somewhat zeroed so I can start doing some load development for it but it sure shot well with the ammo I already had loaded for my previous Savage. The last 5 shots @ 100 yards was a group I could easily cover with a dime. :cool:

Savage GRS at range.jpg

GRS target.jpg