• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage impulse AICS bottom metal?

Yeetographer

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2020
Screenshot_20221007_095108.jpg
would a 110 bottom metal fit the savage impulse? Savage sales rep didn't know anything about the rifle and I got tired of waiting on hold for the custom shop. If the magazines and accufit components are compatible, is there any reason the bottom metal wont fit? I know the impulse predator uses AICS bottom metal, but I cannot stand the camo. I'd rather buy the impulse big game (which is cerakoted as well) and use AICS mags.

I spoke with the custom shop. It’s evidently not compatible. Not sure why. I’m considering buying an aftermarket aics mag well for a 110 and seeing what it’s going to take to make it work. I’ll let you know what I figure out.

The 110 magazine isn’t an automatic fit.

I had to do some filing. I got both the 4 and 10 round versions to fit, although I can only get 9 rounds in the larger magazines for the 6.5 CM.

I will post photos and instructions later when I get some time.

Thanks for your patience.

I have a 110 338lap precision with an impulse elite precision in 6.5PRC on the way (was tossing up the 65 elite vs big game in 7 around our energy limit but the big game being unnecessarily light for our sporter class and nothing on stock or transit to Aus sealed it for 65). Appreciate one will be short action but happy to take some photos/measurements of them side by side when it arrives if it helps anyone. Was tossing up a big game in 7PRC but it was a bit too light for the weight class. MDT said they wouldn't sell the impulse ACC chassis separately, I think I requested compatibility info from Savage but haven't heard anything back.

Will probably buy something in 7 down the track, it's probably the most efficient actually available chambering/factory ammo combination on the market here without going to 416barrett.

I have a 110 338lap precision with an impulse elite precision in 6.5PRC on the way (was tossing up the 65 elite vs big game in 7 around our energy limit but the big game being unnecessarily light for our sporter class and nothing on stock or transit to Aus sealed it for 65). Appreciate one will be short action but happy to take some photos/measurements of them side by side when it arrives if it helps anyone. Was tossing up a big game in 7PRC but it was a bit too light for the weight class. MDT said they wouldn't sell the impulse ACC chassis separately, I think I requested compatibility info from Savage but haven't heard anything back.

Will probably buy something in 7 down the track, it's probably the most efficient actually available chambering/factory ammo combination on the market here without going to 416barrett.
I have the 308 in impulse elite precision and a 300 win mag in impulse big game. I need to find someone who’s got a long action in a mdt chassis so I can get measurements.