• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage impulse big game 6.5 creedmoor

Savagelover

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2024
Vermont
Hey guy I’m new to the forum and I just bought my self a Savage impulse big game VSX 6.5 creedmoor and was wondering who makes a stock for the rifle. I would like to be able to have a one that I don’t have to call and custom order thanks!

I believe @shoots100 can offer a suggestion. I believe he started with a Boyd's AT-One and had to do a bit of sanding to clear a heavy contour barrel but no issues other wise.

Last edited:
I believe @shoots100 can offer a suggestion. I believe he started with a Boyd's AT-One and had to do a bit of sanding to clear a heavy contour barrel but no issues other wise.
Sorry I should of been more specific my question is on Boyd’s website the only option for the impulse is a long action does my 6.5 creedmoor fit it?

Boyds sells stocks for the Impulse rifle.
The Impulse has 5-3/16" bolt hole center's and the 110 long action has 5-1/16" bolt hole center's, so aftermarket 110 stocks aren't interchangeable without a lot of fitting.
I have the At one thumbhole on my predator and it's a great stock.
Longshot231 has been using a Boyds At one stock on his big game Impulse for awhile and didn't have to do any stock modifications.

SJC

The Impulse has 5-3/16" bolt hole center's and the 110 long action has 5-1/16" bolt hole center's, so aftermarket 110 stocks aren't interchangeable without a lot of fitting.
Longshot231 has been using a Boyds At one stock on his big game Impulse for awhile and didn't have to do any stock modifications.

SJC
Sweet! thanks my big question though is on boyds website it says its for a impulse, detachable magazine which i have of course but then it says bull barrel and long action. I have the 6.5 creedmoor would that still fit in that stock

Sweet! thanks my big question though is on boyds website it says its for a impulse, detachable magazine which i have of course but then it says bull barrel and long action. I have the 6.5 creedmoor would that still fit in that stock
Yes, the Impulse Big game is long action.

SJC

The Impulse Big game model is a long action using a converted magazine to fit short action cartridges.
The Predator model is a short action.
Savage has been chambering short action cartridges in their 110 long action tactical rifles for a long time.

SJC

The Impulse Big game model is a long action using a converted magazine to fit short action cartridges.
The Predator model is a short action.
Savage has been chambering short action cartridges in their 110 long action tactical rifles for a long time.

SJC
Thanks I really appreciate it

SJC
Did you lose weight or gain weight with the boyd?

Did you lose weight or gain weight with the boyd?
I bought the Boyd's stock for adjustability and didn't care how much it weighed.
My X50 sit's high on the QD mount and the adjustable cheek piece is what I needed.
It doesn't weigh a lot, but is a little heavier than the factory stock because of the metal added for cheek and LOP assy's.

SJC