• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage KLYM 110?

Emerson0311

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2018
Dawson Creek BC
Proof carbon barrel, all in 6.2# or so. What’s the Magwedge thing on the forend? Anyone played with this rifle besides influencers? $3700 here in snow Mexico.

$3700 for a Savage? I own 3, enjoy them very much and they have been fine. That` s just nuts IMHO, however. To your question, I`ve not seen or heard of anyone with first hand experience with one. Not inordinately surprising. Even the guys on Savageshooters.com think that`s ridiculous.

Reactions: spife7980
$3700 for a Savage? I own 3, enjoy them very much and they have been fine. That` s just nuts IMHO, however. To your question, I`ve not seen or heard of anyone with first hand experience with one. Not inordinately surprising. Even the guys on Savageshooters.com think that`s ridiculous.
It’s a Proof carbon barrel, that goes $1500 for a blank up here. $2K w/tax chambered and screwed on.
My LGS sells a LOT of Christianson rifles that seem to end up on the used rack pretty quick. Brand name sales power I guess.

JMHO, but Savage`s bread and butter in the sporting/hunting rifle market has been in the lower priced arena. They sell a lot a lot of rifles to the " average Joe " hunter and do a good job of producing rifles in the 110 line and, yes, the Axis line that can put metal on target and meat on the table. Having said that, they`ve also had problems with the well known and documented extraction and ejection issues in addition to heavy bolt lift complaints. While it`s true that there are fairly simple remedies for these issues, they shouldn`t be necessary. Customers should not have to buy and install bolt lift kits or extractors and ejector after market kits. Just one guy`s opinion, but I believe Savage and its marketing and sales would have been far better served by spending the capital that was expended on new product development for this rifle by concentrating said capital on improvements of current models to address said issues.

Reactions: BPGuru
Where and what is “Snow Mexico”? Here’s the site MSRP:
IMG_3273.png

Where does $3700 come into play? Especially considering street price is around $2400

JMHO, but Savage`s bread and butter in the sporting/hunting rifle market has been in the lower priced arena. They sell a lot a lot of rifles to the " average Joe " hunter and do a good job of producing rifles in the 110 line and, yes, the Axis line that can put metal on target and meat on the table. Having said that, they`ve also had problems with the well known and documented extraction and ejection issues in addition to heavy bolt lift complaints. While it`s true that there are fairly simple remedies for these issues, they shouldn`t be necessary. Customers should not have to buy and install bolt lift kits or extractors and ejector after market kits. Just one guy`s opinion, but I believe Savage and its marketing and sales would have been far better served by spending the capital that was expended on new product development for this rifle by concentrating said capital on improvements of current models to address said issues.
Sometimes new products are worth spending time and money on.
Impulse Predator
Impulse KLYM

I wouldn't spend that amount on any brand rifle that doesn't have LOP adjustment or use an AI pattern magazine.

SJC
I wouldn’t spend that much on any brand rifle unless I had about 15 more years than I probably do left on the planet!