• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage LA Staggered Feed vs Centerfeed Stock/Chassis Inlet

7mmShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2013
New York
Hi guys, I've found a Savage 110 LH staggered feed in 7mm Rem Mag. I have also been looking at a 111 Trophy Hunter XP left hand (would end up doing the bolt release swap if going that route). curious as to which would be the better one to buy (or just say the hell with it and get a 700 SPS Left Hand)I was wondering if the Inletting would be any different for an aftermarket stock/ chassis system. I know the inlets would be different for a SA (action screw spacing) , but the LAs all have the same spacing. I would be using an aftermarket DBM or chassis with it, so I am curious as to if the action would need to be modified at all to use the DBM system.

Prices (tax not included):
110 Staggered feed LH $450
111 Trophy Hunter LH $580
700 SPS LH $650

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate any and all constructive/helpful responses.

I have a centerfeed 110FP in an XLR chassis, I love it. I know a guy on another forum that tried to put the same XLR chassis on his stagerfeed 110, it bolted in but he said it needed 1/2'' milled out of the action before the aics mags could be used.

Thanks for the help sagillman! I found out that Savage is doing rebates on some of their rifles ($75 on Trophy hunter xp), so I can get the trophy hunter for close to what I would pay for the staggerfeed 110. So, I'm most likely going to just go that route.